Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I'm new and wanting advice on a rifle.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Buy a colt, couple cases of ammo, if the AR is for you you will learn all about it. If not, you will sell it to someone on here who will put it to use. Enjoy your stay

Feedback Score
    Yeah the more i read around and the colts they seem the best for me for starting out and i was alittle ambitious for wanting a sbr at my level. Thanks for the help!

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BattleFurby View Post
    Yeah the more i read around and the colts they seem the best for me for starting out and i was alittle ambitious for wanting a sbr at my level. Thanks for the help!
    Ambition wasn't an issue - if you want to go that route, you're still on the right track.

Simply put, the easiest way to get there is to start off with a known quality 16" rifle (cough 6720 or 6920 cough), go the Form1 route to make that lower SBR ready, and then procure another upper for that weapon system. Simple, cost effective, and you'll have a training and defense tool in the interim.
    عندما تصبح الأسلحة محظورة, قد يملكون حظرون عندهم فقط
    کله چی سلاح منع شوی دی، یوازي غلوونکۍ یی به درلود
    Semper Fi
    "Being able to do the basics, on demand, takes practice. " - Sinister

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    An SBR may not necessarily be the wrong choice for you, but it's a lot more complex of an issue than many people understand. There certainly are things a short barrel can offer you that a 16" can't, but I think you ought to spend a ton of time here before you decide it's in your best interests, especially with the enormous amount of money involved for NFA stuff

Feedback Score
    There's a lot of great advice in this thread. Every week or two it seems this same question pops up and the answers are routine. Most suggest a Colt *note the models mentioned above* and a carbine class. I strongly suggest you take that advice then go from there.

Most of these people have spent thousands of dollars on builds and accessories only to realize its not what they wanted. Once you learn the fundamentals of shooting an AR and and get some rounds down range then you'll start to feel what can be improved and why it needs to be. Once you can accurately express why one item might improve your shooting over the other then you'll be ready to start modifying the platform.
    "Arms are the only true badge of liberty. The possession of arms is the distinction of a free man from a slave." - Andrew Fletcher, 1698

"You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass." - Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto

"Among Other Evils Which Being Unarmed Brings You, It Causes You To Be Despised." - The Prince, Nicolo Machiavelli

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12