Thread: ESS Suppressor Shooting Glasses

Feedback Score

ESS Suppressor Shooting Glasses

Been using the same old cheap pair of yellow tinted walmart special glasses for many years. Decided it was time for something new so I picked these up on americangunfighters.com a couple of weeks ago. Came with clear lenses in them and included their Crossbow frames with tinted lenses. The lenses are swappable between the frames, but I haven't needed to try yet. They come in a padded zipper case with a molle strap on the back. Also included was one micro-fiber bag/cloth and instructions for swapping the lenses.

The big thing about the suppressors, which you'll see in my pics below, is that the temple portion of the frames is very thin. This is so that they will not interfere with over the ear shooting muffs. This keeps them from possibly creating air gaps in the ear muff seal. The downside to this is that they don't stay on your head very well when you're muffs are off. They come with a strap that snaps to the ends of the ear pieces to take care of this issue.

So far I have shot with them a few times. They are very comfortable and crystal clear. They offer very good wrap around protection and breathe well. There was no issue with my Howard Leight Sport Impact muffs. Once they were on, I didn't have to adjust them or the glasses once.

So far I am very happy with them.

Pics....of course

Feedback Score
    Looks good I'll have to check them out since my glasses/over the ear combo does leaves gaps and I get to hear the occasional gunshot. I wonder why they're called suppressor shooting glasses though

Feedback Score
    I believe it's because they are designed to not interfere with your hearing protection, this making things quieter while shooting.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    They work with CVC helmets
    Combat veteran
    Lifetime NRA member

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    We were issued the Crossbows in Afghan land.

I really liked them, and they did not interfer with the seal of my headset, or give me pain in the temple area or pressure points.

if you're worries about them sliding off your head, instead of the suppressors I'd go with the regular Crossbows. rubber ear stems get pretty grippy even with copious amounts of sweat.

I have 3 pairs that are in various stages of degradation, but they fight scratches to the lenses quite well and are very clear and comfortable for extended wear.
    OEF X-XI

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    I've been using mine for a little while. I have both the suppressor and regular frames. I like them, except they fog up with my PASGT (don't ask). I haven't used them with an ACH.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    i have them, i like them.

they are the biggest improvement in comfort for any one piece of safety gear.