Thread: Benelli w/ an EoTech 512...Thoughts?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score

Benelli w/ an EoTech 512...Thoughts?

I have a Benelli M4 and just recently acquired an EoTech 512. Has anyone used an EoTech on their shotguns. The only optic experience I have had is an Aimpoint on my AR-15 and I liked it.

Will the EoTech 512 stand the punishment of a 12g Shotgun?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I am sure the eotech will handle the punishment on a 12ga. However, I think you should be more concerned with the height of the sight. The eotech already sits up pretty high compared to an aimpoint on a lo pro mount. Your cheek weld when sighting in would be horrendous not to mention the slap associated with such a high cheek weld. Matter of fact, I doubt your cheek would be able to touch the stock with the sight height of an eotech. I would reccommend either an aimpoint mounted in a lo pro mount or a mini-rds such as a doc optic or a trijicon rmr. I use an aimpoint m2 mounted in a adm-68L mount. Take a look through the shotgun pic thread and you will notice how low to the rail everyone mounts a RDS on the m4 and most shotguns for that matter.

Feedback Score
    thanks for the advice, I will check out the pics. I am going to test fire the set up and report back. It does sit high, and I that is a concern that I share with you.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    As an owner of a Benelli M4 and a guy with an issued Eotech 552 on his duty rifle, I'd call the two a poor match. I'd recommend a Micro Aimpoint or an RMR as an optic, paried with a Mesa Tactical stock with the adjustable cheek-riser, for the proper eye relief.

Feedback Score
    35 (100%)
    Several years ago I ran a 552 on my 870P. I didn't like the combination at all and it didn't last long. It's very tall off the bore line.

Roll with a set of rifled sights, ghost rings, or a compact RDS like a T1 or an RMR and you'll be much more satisfied.
    Sig Sauer LE Armorer
    Glock LE Armorer
    Colt AR15/M16 Armorer
    T.O.S.S. (Tactical Officer Survival School) inst. Tom Long
    Vicker's Tactical Pistol 1 & 2 Carbine 1 Advanced carbine Inst. Larry Vickers
    Intermediate pistol Inst. Ken Hackathorn
    Combat Speed Inst. Dave Harrington
    Performance Pistol Inst. Frank Proctor

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    I've been thinking the same about my 512 and 870. I'd like to get a T-1 or something for it, but that's more money than the shotgun haha.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by kmrtnsn View Post
    As an owner of a Benelli M4 and a guy with an issued Eotech 552 on his duty rifle, I'd call the two a poor match. I'd recommend a Micro Aimpoint or an RMR as an optic, paried with a Mesa Tactical stock with the adjustable cheek-riser, for the proper eye relief.
    nice choice! i agree!