Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: LEO Forum - Rules for Admission

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)

LEO Forum - Rules for Admission

For access to the LEO Forum (private forum), a member must have a minimum of 30 productive posts and be a:

1) full time,

2) sworn,

3) law enforcement officer,

4)currently working for a Federal, State, County, or Municipal LAW ENFORCEMENT AGENCY

For access to the LEO Forum email a scanned copy or photocopy of your:

1) Badge

2) Agency / Department Identification Card

3) On Department Letterhead

In the email with a copy of your Badge / ID Card / Letterhead, please add the following information:

1) Your rank

2) Assignment (ie. Sergeant - 2nd shift Patrol, Detective - Investigations Bureau, Federal Agent - Any City Metro Gang Task Force, etc.)

3) Your M4Carbine screen name

Send the email for request to one of the following Moderators: mark5pt56: marktiedemann@cox.net, or Buck: buck.mossie@gmail.com .

When you email your department credentials please include your M4Carbine.net screen name so your account can be granted access to the LEO only forum.

Retired / Medically Retired law enforcement officers who meet the above requirements and retired under honorable conditions also qualify for access to the LEO only forum. Retried LEO members will be granted access on a case by case basis. When you email your credentials please add a brief description of the conditions under which you retired.

Thank you,
    M4Carbine.net Staff
    Last edited by USMC03; 08-25-10 at 16:34.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    All,

Recently I have been flooded by requests for access to the LEO Only Forum from members who either don't qualify or qualify but don't provide the proper credentials or information.

Listed above are the rules for access into the LEO Only Forum.

You either meet *all* the requirements or you don't. If you don't meet *all* of the requirements please ***don't ask for a waiver or special permission to the LEO Only forum.***

If you meet *all* the requirements and want access to the LEO Only Forum, please provide *all* of the information required above.

Everyone who has been given access to the LEO Only Forum has met the requirements listed above and have submitted *all* of the information required for access.

The rules listed above were set in place to ensure that we could maintain the integrity of the private forum and protect the personal security of the members of the private forum.

Thank you,
    M4Carbine.net Staff
    Last edited by USMC03; 07-27-09 at 10:47.

Feedback Score
    The request for letterhead is a bit much around some larger departments such as mine. The only place which uses it is the Chiefs Office and HR, neither of which will give out blank copies or allow me to make a photo copy of my badge/creds on it, so now what...
    Old age and treachery always overcome youth and skill

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Letterhead can be any official department document. Most faxes are done on some kind of Department Letterhead. Narcotics / Investigations / CSI - due to the nature of their work, they are constantly using some type of official letterhead for request for information from other agencies, etc.

Everyone who has requested accessess into the LEO only forum has followed the rules posted above, and submitted all of the information outlined above.

The LEO only forum is a private forum. The rules for admission into the LEO only forum were agreed upon by the Staff / Moderators and set in place before the LEO Only forum went live. The rules were developed as a way to ensure the integrity of the private forum and to protect the personal security of the members posting in the LEO only forum.

No one is forcing you to join the LEO only forum, there is no pressure to join. If you would like to participate, please follow the rules posted above.

Thank you,
    Jeff

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Its your house and rules and I respect that but the section may lose highly qualified officers because they are restricted by department rules on release of such information. As you wish to know who I am, I have no clue who your are or how my information would be stored or used even if I was allowed to release it under department regulations. Hopefully some other form of verification will suffice as I would like to contribute to your forum.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Phila PD View Post
    Its your house and rules and I respect that but the section may lose highly qualified officers because they are restricted by department rules on release of such information. As you wish to know who I am, I have no clue who your are or how my information would be stored or used even if I was allowed to release it under department regulations. Hopefully some other form of verification will suffice as I would like to contribute to your forum.

On 07-26-09 at 3:30pm, I replied to your email. My reply:

Rules are listed here:

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=9970

All who have been granted access have complied with the rules listed above.

Take care and be safe

S/F,
    Jeff

From the 2nd post in this thread:
    *************************************************************************************************************************************************
    All,

Recently I have been flooded by requests for access to the LEO Only Forum from members who either don't qualify or qualify but don't provide the proper credentials or information.

Listed above are the rules for access into the LEO Only Forum.

You either meet *all* the requirements or you don't. If you don't meet *all* of the requirements please ***don't ask for a waiver or special permission to the LEO Only forum.***

If you meet *all* the requirements and want access to the LEO Only Forum, please provide *all* of the information required above.

Everyone who has been given access to the LEO Only Forum has met the requirements listed above and have submitted *all* of the information required for access.

The rules listed above were set in place to ensure that we could maintain the integrity of the private forum and protect the personal security of the members of the private forum.

Thank you,
    M4Carbine.net Staff

*****************************************************************************************************************************************************

The rules were set in place from day 1. The rules and requirements are a standard that everyone in the LEO only forum has met prior to being given access.

All of the LEO Forum Moderators are full time sworn police officers and the info required above is deleted after it is reviewed.

It would not be fair to the members of the LEO Only forum who have already met the standards and supplied the information above if we started making exceptions for new members.

A member wanting access into the LEO Only forum either meets all of the requirements listed above and provides all the information above or access will not be granted.

Thank you

S/F,
    Jeff
    Last edited by USMC03; 07-27-09 at 10:48.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Would love to join......but

I can send picture of badge and credentials. Also provide other info. But what do you want on letterhead? I am just a patrol officer on the beat. Not anybody that has regular access to department letterhead for optional extra-caricular activities.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I second that. My dept treats it's letterhead like a restricted item. I do however have my ID and Badge, you could call my agency and ask them if I work there by running my Emp ID number, or I could send you an email from my agency account... but the letterhead is hard to do.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Letterhead

Yeah.....letterhead makes them think you are going to buy something in their name, support something in their name, or somehow obligate them to something and open them up to liability.

When I worked for a 20 man department it was easy to get. Now that I work for a major city with 1400 officers, no way.

Feedback Score

Using Department email Account

I'm more than willing to abide by the requirements and I concur with the concerns of using a department letterhead. My agency may not look kindly to using a letterhead for a forum. I'm sure I can explain my side but I am sending it to the unknown black hole of the intra-web and I'm concerned that they can come back and get me for improper use of a letterhead.

I'm not all too sure what are the restrictions on using my department letterhead but when I asked around what exactly we use for a letterhead as opposed a memorandum, I started to get a few questions and concerned looks trying to explain.

But I do have a valid suggestion and that in lieu of an agency letterhead use a department email account. My agency is not as restrictive on me using that and it can be used to email copies of creds and badge. Besides someone who is not LE can get access to creds and a badge and make a letterhead. Sounds more secure and easily verifiable to use department email account when it shows John.Doe@verifiablepd.gov as opposed to d0nutlvr69@hotmail.com.
    Last edited by i303; 09-01-09 at 17:38. Reason: Add title and spelling boo-boos

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast