Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: LEO Forum - Rules for Admission

Feedback Score
    I got an idea, let us email you a copy of our business card and you just call the department and have them confirm our employment?
    Last edited by TMMT; 10-04-09 at 18:36.

Feedback Score
    Funny how after post #6 with USMC03 explaining things again, there are five more posts inquiring about the requirements being so 'restrictive', or offering other ideas to get around the current requirements......
    Last edited by wicked_police; 10-05-09 at 00:35.
    I AM a CanadianGunSlinger!!!!!!

Cede Nullis

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Thumbs down I guess you got yours?

Quote Originally Posted by wicked_police View Post
    Funny how after post #6 with USMC03 explaining things again, there are five more posts inquiring about the requirements being so 'restrictive', or offering other ideas to get around the current requirements......
    I am glad you find it amusing that some of your fellow officers would like to participate in the forum, but are unable to do so because they have departments that will not let them comply with the terms.

Yeah, it's real "funny".
    VIOLENCE OF ACTION..........DON'T HESITATE.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 30in1 View Post
    I am glad you find it amusing that some of your fellow officers would like to participate in the forum, but are unable to do so because they have departments that will not let them comply with the terms.

Yeah, it's real "funny".

It's unfortunate you misunderstood me. I do not find it funny or amusing that other fellow officers cannot participate in the forum.

And funny may have been the wrong word to use. Maybe perplexing is better.

Here we are, supposed to enforce the laws and rules, and after the rules are posted, more than once, there are some suggesting ways around them, or questioning their need to be so restrictive.
    Yeah, I think perplexing is a good word.

I feel very fortunate to be able to participate in all parts of this forum. I've gotten a ton of exceptional info, and made a friend or 2.

And I want to thank the mods and admins for having this place, and letting me be a part of it.
    I AM a CanadianGunSlinger!!!!!!

Cede Nullis

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Only time I get a badge is when I work OP or go on a med trip. Everything else I can supply.

Feedback Score
    I fully understand and have no problem with establishing "rules" for access to the forum.

However:

For access to the LEO Forum email a scanned copy or photocopy of your:

1) Badge
    2) Agency / Department Identification Card
    3) On Department Letterhead

In the email with a copy of your Badge / ID Card / Letterhead, please add the following information:

1) Your rank
    2) Assignment (ie. Sergeant - 2nd shift Patrol, Detective - Investigations Bureau, Federal Agent - Any City Metro Gang Task Force, etc.)
    3) Your M4Carbine screen name

Every single one of the above requirements can be met with the use of a copy machine, color printer and adobe photo shop. I would bet the resulting "credentials" could be made to appear more "official" than the real thing.

The best way to insure the integrity of the forum is to contact the department to validate employment and to contact the individual to confirm identity.

I agree with many of the posters above who have claimed problems with either making copies of credentials or gaining access to department letterheads.
    Since 9-11, many departments have increased restrictions on the use of letterheads, patches and ID's.

I retired 10 years ago and was issued an ID card at that time. Now, in the days of Homeland Security, a credit card type of ID is issued. The only way I can obtain that card is to appear in person to have it made up. The Chief of Police, if he so chose to, can not authorize the card to be sent to me. If I am ever in the area I will stop by and have the new one issued but I don't see it happening in the near future.

My hole point is that while the rules may be good there is nothing wrong with changing them if some guys are having legitimate problems complying with them.
    If the aim is to insure a LEO only forum a few phone calls would do it.

Just to be clear, I have no interest in joining this forum. I am simply throwing my .02 (maybe more like .25?) into the ring after reading the posts. Stay Safe.

Feedback Score

Hmmm...?

Why the necessity for an LEO forum? Especially one that is "restricted"? I'm curious about this. I am not an LEO, but have trained a few in MTT schools in MOUT/CQB tactics, and have friends who are LEO's, but much like my thoughts on the Clinton AWB and mag cap restrictions that applied to "civilians" only, when you have laws and "rules" that are applicable to all but the police, you are sliding towards a police state.

Feedback Score
    For the questions as to why we need a "Restricted" LEO site. I don't want to discuss situations or tactics that have been used on me and or I have deployed on other criminals out in the open for everyone's mother to read. If I have a bad guy get the drop on me for whatever reason like hiding weapons, drugs, or semi- ambush attempts I want to share that with other LEO's. Again, not for the average Joe. Not saying you are one but that would mean that anybody can see what works and what doesn't.

For the guys that are having a letterhead issue, go to your Chief/Sheriff's office, tell his secretary what you are wanting to do (better yourself by becoming a part of the site) and have her type up the letterhead in less than a minute, fax it, and let her destroy the damn thing. Hell, if she's good like our, you just stand there while she does it and you never touch a thing. That easy folks. Go ask, I think you will be surprised if you present it correctly..

Good luck,

Feedback Score
    I fully understand the restrictions on the LEO forum; sorry for the bonehead e-mail yesterday...

Regards,

Kevin

Feedback Score
    A little outside the box thinking here...if you want in to the LEO section, go get a copy of your personel file. Most, if not all, of us will have some sort of letter on letterhead from when you were hired. Use that as the background when you photocopy your badge/ID. Problem solved.

Just saying...
    "When it comes your time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over in a different way. Sing your death song, and die like a hero going home." -Chief Tecumseh

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast