Thread: Just purchased a Colt CR6724

Feedback Score

Just purchased a Colt CR6724

Just purchased a Colt CR6724. I already have a LE 6940 that I use for coyotes. Got a smoken deal on it...LNIB..off of Gunbroker. Did not think I would get it for the price I bid for it and low and behold came home from work and found I was the highest bidder. Contacted the seller and he could not believe how low it went also.

Thought I would share..I live with a household of woman who are great to live with but somewhat indifferent when it comes to Colts.

Feedback Score

I'm on #2 already

Shot my way through one, and had to have another. That's how much I think of this particular model Colt.

Second one was a bastard to make shoot, but the first was among the best so I was spoiled. Current rifle can shoot to a true 1/2 MOA with 69 SMK's.

Enjoy.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 308sako View Post
    Shot my way through one, and had to have another. That's how much I think of this particular model Colt.

Second one was a bastard to make shoot, but the first was among the best so I was spoiled. Current rifle can shoot to a true 1/2 MOA with 69 SMK's.

Enjoy.
    Hope I enjoy mine as much as you do yours. It will be hard for me to leave my 6940 home ..kind of got attached to it and its accuracy. I could not pass this one up. Got it from a LEO who never had the chance to shoot it much...got it for a 1000.00 + shipping. Locally here they are going for 1400.00 and up.

Now I have to get some brass ready to reload for it. Hoping to shoot 55 grn SP Hornady's out of it over some H335. Also going to put a 2 stage trigger on it. Probably a Giesselle. Hate the mil-spec triggers on Colts but understand the reason for them.
    Last edited by BSkerj; 02-21-12 at 22:24.

Feedback Score

Recomendations:

Absolutely get the Giessele MATCH trigger group.
    #1 has a Jewell and #2 has the Giessele, my SBR lower (awaiting stamp has an SD-E)
    Optics of quality to suit your applications.
    H335 is very good with 55's in the Colt, but VV 133 and 69 SMK's is unbelievable by most shooters. See below for 77 grain load as well.

77SMK and XBR

Last edited by 308sako; 02-22-12 at 21:17.

Feedback Score
    308..thanks for the pictures. I will definately try that load out of mine.
    Your 300 yrd target is outstanding. I hope mine is as accurate as yours. Half the fun to me of a new rifle is working up loads for it.
    Thanks again !