Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: website gun stores in homes safe?

Feedback Score

website gun stores in homes safe?

First let me say thanks for all the info I've gained from reading on this site over the last few months!

Second, I apologize if this question is in the wrong spot. I wasn't able to find a "small questions" thread like I'm used to on forums for cars, etc.

OK, my question:
    I've grown up shooting, but am new to the world of buying guns online. Obviously I want to purchase my firearms for the cheapest price possible, but I also want to buy from credible dealers so as to not get ripped off. In my search for certain guns, I've found myself considering purchases from some very badly named websites. Names that do not imply serious professionalism. That worries me a bit.

Also, when I've done some digging on those companies, I've discovered that many of those websites are run out of residential homes, and there really isn't a retail store at all. I understand that cuts down on overhead, etc, and helps contribute to their ability to sell the gun cheaper than I'm finding anywhere else...but is this safe? Do you ever get ripped off buying from a no-name website? Many of these websites don't even have a phone number you can call to talk to a person, you have to submit your questions to them via the website.

Thanks for any experience, and help!
    Jon

Feedback Score
    Well, if something doesn't look right, it probably isn't.

Nothing wrong with a home based business. I know some great businesses run from someone's house and I know some horrible businesses run on commercial property.

For a lot of home based FFLs, it's a part time business until they get enough customers to afford to run it full time. They keep a day job and work the business during their off hours.
    I'm an FFL/gunsmith, not the holster company. We specialize in subsonic ammunition and wholesale rifles.

Feedback Score
    Gunbroker is a good place to buy new or used firearms. BudsGunShop has good prices...Check out Gallery of Guns as well.
    Last edited by J_Dub_503; 02-29-12 at 18:14.

Feedback Score
    Its been awhile since I've done some looking into it but i'm pretty site to be eligible for an ffl you need a store front. That's not saying one could claim the first room i'm their house I suppose but something to think about. I agree with the statement that if it doesn't feel right generally you're gonna get screwed.
    "I know enough about a lot but enough to get me in trouble none the less." Me

Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post

Believe me, I know about not doing the "popular thing." Be a gear and gun dealer, go onto a tactical gun forum and tell folks to STOP buying crap they don't need.

C4

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost__1 View Post
    Its been awhile since I've done some looking into it but i'm pretty site to be eligible for an ffl you need a store front. That's not saying one could claim the first room i'm their house I suppose but something to think about. I agree with the statement that if it doesn't feel right generally you're gonna get screwed.
    I'm pretty sure you don't need a store front for a ffl...it's just harder to acquire without one.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    You are correct.. a store front is not required.

OP... Maybe list the site(s) you are considering and folks can help a whole lot easier.

Feedback Score
    There is a member here that has his "gunstore" as his home based business and is the most reputable guy and has excellent prices. I would recommend him to anyone and everyone. Check him out, he also does Gunshows.....Southland Police Supply.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 8ball29 View Post
    I'm pretty sure you don't need a store front for a ffl...it's just harder to acquire without one.
    Thanks for clearing that up. We all know how clear the Atf is in their explanation of guidelines.
    "I know enough about a lot but enough to get me in trouble none the less." Me

Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post

Believe me, I know about not doing the "popular thing." Be a gear and gun dealer, go onto a tactical gun forum and tell folks to STOP buying crap they don't need.

C4

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jjb5730 View Post
    There is a member here that has his "gunstore" as his home based business and is the most reputable guy and has excellent prices. I would recommend him to anyone and everyone. Check him out, he also does Gunshows.....Southland Police Supply.

Would this member be you? The site is very bare bones, hardly a thing to buy. The prices aren't bad but I cant imagine this person is making very many sells.
    Last edited by J_Dub_503; 03-01-12 at 01:18.

Feedback Score
    It isn't me. Did you click on Firearms then search guns?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast