Thread: Savage Edge

Feedback Score
    90 (97%)

Savage Edge

Any good? Locally Wally world has them and in 308. Considering that Wally World is the only gun retailer that stocks anything within 45 minutes of me, this kinda stuff I don't mind buying there.

Will those actions fit in aftermarket stocks, and are there after market barrels out there as well? Basically looking for a cheap starting point.

Also have Marlin 336 in 30/30 I've been eye balling.
    JF Arms Company - Owner
    07/02 FFL/SOT

Sword & Shield Training Group - SSTG
    - Be the Sword & Shield for your community thru knowledge and skills.

----------------------
    EMT - Parkview DeKalb EMS

13 years of serving Northeast Indiana's citizens.
    ----------------------
    Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I picked up a .223 edge as an entry level bolt rifle. Installed a rifle Basix after market trigger since no accu trigger. Down to just above 2lbs. It was a good learning experience setting up. Very accurate for what what I've put into it. Edge may not have as much aftermarket accessories as the other Savage lines.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Savage makes some pretty accurate guns, not sure you'll need a new barrel.

I bought a standard Savage .308 a couple of years ago. Even with a lower priced scope, non Accu trigger, stock barrel and kind of crappy factory synthetic stock it shoots 1 1/2" with several off the shelf loads, such as plain vanilla 150gr Federal SPs.

I have owned several Savage rifles over the years, and had friends who have owned them as well. I have yet to meet a Savage that won't group.
    Last edited by tpd223; 03-08-12 at 15:53.