Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Reload from Drop holster

Feedback Score
    Thanks Meat,

I've done one hand reloads by reholstering and even placing the handgun behind my knee in a kneeling position, not quite able to visualize your description. Can you give some details?

Thanks

Feedback Score

Yes

Quote Originally Posted by DIYTactical View Post
    My answer, you don't.

Use that pouch for your leatherman or as storage for the mag when you need to clear your weapon.
    DIYTactical is right on the $$

THE ONLY time it would be useful to have a spare Mag on your Strong Side Leg would be if your weak side arm is injured and rendered useless ..
    At the time of reload you would tuck your weapon under your injured wing and secure your strong Side Spare...ArmPit reload and rock n roll.

Doc

Feedback Score
    There have been a few good reasons already mentioned for carrying a spare mag on your gun side.

I used to have a spare mag there for a few reasons, the biggest of which was limited space on my vest. I had 8 M4 mags/shotgun shells/203 rounds/IFAK/radio/extra med gear (backup medic)/GPS and maps and other nav shit/extra 249 or 240 ammo/smoke/and two pistola mags weak side.

There is only so much friggin real estate on gear, and a lot of shit to carry.
    I used that pouch to replace a spent pistol mag on the weak side pouch if it came to that or to perform a strong hand reload if weak hand is wounded.

Dont think just getting shot or catching hot shards of metal but vehicle accidents after the IED dets as well (broken arm/dislocated shoulder/fingers etc). Very small chance of that happening but Murphy likes following me around .

As for conducting the actual reload....
    Im a big fan of not standing still and catching a new asshole in the forehead which wipes out the sticking of pistol behind my knee route.

You are already wearing a piece of equipment designed to carry your sidearm, stick your pistol back in it after dumping the expended magazine, grab fresh magazine/insert/either rack the rear or front sight on something hard or hit the slide release and chamber a new round and procede to shoot guys and look cool while doing it

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123