Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone had any long term useage on the US Palm AK mags?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Anyone had any long term useage on the US Palm AK mags?

Now that they have been out for sometime, anyone been running the US Palm AK mags for any significant round count care to share their experiences?

I don't want to open a can of worms as has happened in the past with the discussion of these magazines.

I would just like some first hand experience from some of those who spend considerable time with this platform before I drop some $$$ on these.

Katar or Templar or anyone else other than a manufacturer or retailer with vested interest.

I have some Bulgy Circle 10's and am looking to get some additional mags and would like to give the US Palm a shot if they warrant it.

Mod's if this gets out of hand please lock at your discretion.

Thanks!

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    I know for certain that DavePal84 had a bad experience with these mags.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    No experience with Palm mags, but I've used and abused a couple of Tapco (yes, Tapco) 7.62x39 AK mags. They're surprisingly good. Simplest way to describe them is the AK version of a pmag.

Other mags I'd use without hesitation: Chinese flatbacks, any steel eastern bloc mag.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    For a polymer magazine, stick with the Bulgarian ((10)) "waffle" magazines.

The cost/benefit of the US Palms and the lack of durability make them nothing more than range magazines for me.

In fact, I gave mine to my father with the understanding that they aren't to be used for anything other than trips to a square range.
    Employee of colonialshooting.com

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Templar View Post
    For a polymer magazine, stick with the Bulgarian ((10)) "waffle" magazines.

The cost/benefit of the US Palms and the lack of durability make them nothing more than range magazines for me.

In fact, I gave mine to my father with the understanding that they aren't to be used for anything other than trips to a square range.
    Roger that.

The Bulgy's aren't hard to come by, and the price is essentially the same.

I like TD and was hoping to give them some $$$ this time, but looks like I'll have to pass.

I do like the Chinese mags too.

-RD62

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    They don't last long enough to have long term experience with them, stick with Bulgy Circle 10 Mags if polymer is your thing.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlelebowski View Post
    I know for certain that DavePal84 had a bad experience with these mags.

I was going to respond with, "long term usage? Didn't have any of them last anywhere near, 'long term' to give any input"

Stick to genuine circle 10 black Bulgy waffles. Never look back.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I need to pick up a few of those bulgy waffle mags... all I have is the heavy ass steel east german ones.
    Dont sweat the small stuff.

If youre not taking fire, its all small stuff.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Funny how the opinions on these have changed. I'm the guy who broke one by dropping it on a carpeted floor. I got accused of being a liar and a Tapco sales rep and all kinds of stuff. It turns out I am just a guy who broke one of the new plastic mags by dropping it on a carpeted floor.

US Palm is supposed to have a "Gen II" mag out with thicker plastic in the feed lips. I haven't tried one of these but maybe they're more durable.

Feedback Score
    64 (98%)
    We had 2 fail at a class last month. Ken Hackathorn had one fail while loading. He had put about 4 rounds in the gun and turned it so the but was facing his head. The floorplate broke loose and missed his head by about 3 inches.

The second one was during a drill. He fired one or two rounds and the floorplate on this one flew off and the rounds went flying across the ground.

The problem seems to be that the floorplates really aren't attached to the mag body in a secure enough way.

There is a much better description in the AAR.

http://m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=61649

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast