Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Winchester M855 Recall

Didn't see this posted here yet...

http://www.winchester.com/library/ne...56mm-m855.aspx

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Have to check that tonight thanks!
    "Those who do can't explain; those who don't can't understand"...

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    More people should know about this... this could affect the safety of forum members:

Olin Corporation, through its Winchester Division, is recalling one (1) lot of its 5.56mm M855 62 Grain PENE centerfire rifle ammunition.

Symbol Number: ZGQ3308
    Lot Number: WCC10M106-004

Through extensive evaluation Winchester has determined the above lot of 5.56mm M855 ammunition may contain incorrect propellant. Incorrect propellant in this ammunition may cause firearm damage, rendering the firearm inoperable, and subject the shooter or bystanders to a risk of serious personal injury when fired.

Sounds scary...

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    This is good safety information and should be easily accessed without too much searching. Is there any way it can be made a sticky?
    Train 2 Win

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by T2C View Post
    This is good safety information and should be easily accessed without too much searching. Is there any way it can be made a sticky?
    Agreed... There should definitely be some kind of recall sticky. If Winchester is messing up batches, I'm sure other manufacturers are too. Maybe not all of them report it. People could report defective ammo to warn others as well... If they live through it.

Feedback Score

Re: Winchester M855 Recall

Just searched for the Symbol Number to see if this info was published here yet, and found this thread. (Hey, IRAQGUNZ, some of us do know how to use the search function!)
    I have 900 rounds of this batch that I ordered from Midway in Feb 2012. Got a letter and an email from Midway with the bad news. I discarded the original box and repacked in a surplus ammo can. Now what am I gonna ship this back in? That original box was well built. You think UPS will ship an ammo can? For my trouble, I'm gonna demand Winchester replace it with current Lake City manufacture M855. Federal quality control is much better. Think this will work?

Sent from my BNTV250 using Tapatalk 2

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by brass_m8kr View Post
    You think UPS will ship an ammo can?
    Yes, if you pack it in a box. Don't forget to put a couple of ORM-D Cartridges Small Arms stickers on the box. Winchester will provide you the shipping label.

For my trouble, I'm gonna demand Winchester replace it with current Lake City manufacture M855. Federal quality control is much better. Think this will work?
    No. They'll replace it with ammunition that they manufacture or import (think IMI).
    Last edited by Bret; 02-18-13 at 15:59.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret View Post
    Yes, if you pack it in a box. Don't forget to put a couple of ORM-D Cartridges Small Arms stickers on the box. Winchester will provide you the shipping label.
    They may... I once had a bunch of stuff shipped to me using UPS that was in a Surefire Hellfighter hard case with two padlocks on it.

Feedback Score

Re: Winchester M855 Recall

Not too long ago, I would regularly ship gear in pelican boxes either to coworkers or back to the manufacturer for calibration/repair. Talk about character! These things are beat up, scarred, scratched, old shipping labels on top of old shipping labels, looking like they have spent more time in the belly of a Boeing then they have on the ground. But I just have this image in my head of the UPS guy scratching his head while looking at the OD ammo can sitting on my door steps with "UPS Pickup" on a post-it. I would say I will let you know how it ends, but I found the original box so the mystery remains. Winchester says 4 weeks give or take for replacement.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk 2

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    When was this ammo manufactured?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast