Page 58 of 195 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068108158 ... LastLast

Thread: Hey Yoni, any 411 you can share on Israel at the moment??

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JediGuy View Post
    Nope. That’s way off base. I don’t want to derail the thread, but that is neither scripturally nor historically correct.
    No, seems to be pretty accurate to scripture. The Israelites were supposed to drive out the Canaanites from all the lands they inherited. They failed to do so, because it seemed far easier to just live along side them, and Judges is very clear on the consequences of that. (Samson's story and death very much come to mind) Joshua drove the Anakim out of Canaan and the only survivors were in Philistine cities like Gaza (Joshua 10:41, 11:22), and their descendants became infamous for the trouble they cause the Israelites later (guy named Goliath among them, though he was from the neighboring city Gath). Gaza was part of the inheritance of Judah, but they never completed their task. (Joshua 15:47) Even later, under David and Solomon the Israelites tended to beat the Philistines, but not wipe them out.

Now, as for whether or not these problems stem from those ancient failures, it's one helluva counter factual, but the genetic evidence linking Canaanites to modern Palestinians seems to indicate that there is strong evidence of that fact. Other people groups could very well have moved into the region during the intervening millennia and play the same role as modern Palestinians, but then again, they may not have. Impossible for anyone other than the Almighty to say one way or another.
    Last edited by Alpha-17; 10-15-23 at 08:31. Reason: Add last two sentences
    It's f*****g great, putting holes in people, all the time, and it just puts 'em down mate, they drop like sacks of s**t when they go down with this.
    --British veteran of the Ukraine War, discussing the FN SCAR H.

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Coal Dragger View Post
    I guess he sees things that way, although I don’t understand it.

Israel is far from perfect, and I consider standing up a Jewish state in a geographical location where there hadn’t been one for over a thousand years to be a giant mistake. However, Israel is a small island of Western Civilization in a sea of 12th century barbarians. So I choose Israel in this instance even if I think they make mistakes, and I don’t agree with the decision to form Israel after WWII. That doesn’t mean I’m anti-Semitic, I certainly don’t dislike Jewish people I have some that I consider good friends.

As for Yoni, I’ve never met the guy and probably never will. I do have to observe that his posts on many topics are tough for me to find credible. That doesn’t mean he’s not credible or honest, just that I don’t know many guys who claim to do the things he does, who actually talk about it on Internet forums.
    I agree on ALL points.

Quote Originally Posted by yoni View Post
    Wanting to provide a free trip to an interesting place to meet over a 20 year scotch is a threat?
    If you are going to be man enough to make the original threat, at least stand by it. Don’t patronize the members here.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Manofmayhem View Post
    How many Hamas are already here? Global events are playing out in phases. Next will be a coordinated attack on Israel with Iran joining in at some point. When that gets red hot China will move on Taiwan. Once things escalate with China is when we can expect coordinated attacks at home. Russia will turn the screws in there somewhere and take most of Ukraine. North Korea may get in on some action while we're distracted. At some point the money printer will go brrrrr and inflation will take off again because we'll be in a war economy. The next two years aren't looking great for peace and prosperity.
    You’re exactly right on every point.

The attacks in Israel are just the first steps. It’s a precursor to Taiwan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ubet View Post
    You’re exactly right on every point.

The attacks in Israel are just the first steps. It’s a precursor to Taiwan.

That’s a World War. We do pretty well in World Wars- from our founding to WWI and WWII. We seem to like the really big shows, not the boutique/art-house wars. Refer to Victor Davis Hanson, one more time.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FromMyColdDeadHand View Post
    That’s a World War. We do pretty well in World Wars- from our founding to WWI and WWII. We seem to like the really big shows, not the boutique/art-house wars. Refer to Victor Davis Hanson, one more time.
    Can you imagine the quality of "men" that would get drafted these days?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Hey Yoni, any 411 you can share on Israel at the moment??

Quote Originally Posted by prepare View Post
    Someone is getting nuked before November 2024...

The days of deterrents are over.
    That’s the direction things are going and Americans need to start asking if we should risk getting nuked so Ukraine can go back to being corrupt and run my Nazis, and Israel can continue running a blockade the size of Rhode Island.

Last edited by SpecWired; 10-15-23 at 12:30.
    Listen. Tell. Run Like Hell.

Feedback Score
    DeSantis

“I don’t know what (President Joe) Biden’s gonna do, but we cannot accept people from Gaza into this country as refugees. I am not going to do that,” DeSantis, who is vying for the GOP presidential nomination, said at a campaign stop in Creston, Iowa.

“If you look at how they behave, not all of them are Hamas, but they are all antisemitic. None of them believe in Israel’s right to exist,” he continued.

Haley

Rival GOP presidential contender Nikki Haley on Sunday responded to DeSantis’ remarks by saying the United States “has always been sympathetic to the fact that you can separate civilians from terrorists,” adding that’s what Americans have to do following the Hamas attacks

“You have to realize that whether we’re talking about Gazans and Palestinians. All of them don’t – you have half of them at the time that I was there, didn’t want to be under Hamas’ rule. They didn’t want to have terrorists overseeing them. They knew that they were living a terrible life because of Hamas,” Haley told CNN’s Jake Tapper on “State of the Union.”

More here: https://www.cnn.com/2023/10/14/polit...ees/index.html

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChattanoogaPhil View Post
    DeSantis

“I don’t know what (President Joe) Biden’s gonna do, but we cannot accept people from Gaza into this country as refugees. I am not going to do that,” DeSantis, who is vying for the GOP presidential nomination, said at a campaign stop in Creston, Iowa.

“If you look at how they behave, not all of them are Hamas, but they are all antisemitic. None of them believe in Israel’s right to exist,” he continued.

Haley

Rival GOP presidential contender Nikki Haley on Sunday responded to DeSantis’ remarks by saying the United States “has always been sympathetic to the fact that you can separate civilians from terrorists,” adding that’s what Americans have to do following the Hamas attacks

“You have to realize that whether we’re talking about Gazans and Palestinians. All of them don’t – you have half of them at the time that I was there, didn’t want to be under Hamas’ rule. They didn’t want to have terrorists overseeing them. They knew that they were living a terrible life because of Hamas,” Haley told CNN’s Jake Tapper on “State of the Union.”

More here: https://www.cnn.com/2023/10/14/polit...ees/index.html
    I hate to say this, but DeSantis is correct about the Palestinians. Rabidly anti-semetic. Rashida Tlaib is truly a Palestine representative.

Andy

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    The US’s massive Naval Feel in the Israel-Lebanon-Gaza region includes:

https://twitter.com/MarioNawfal/stat...82636491321808

A-10's

https://twitter.com/USAFCENT/status/...483269969?s=19
    "You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass."
    Japanese Admiral Yamamoto, 1941

"A wise man's heart directs him toward the right, but a foolish man's heart directs him toward the left."
    Ecclesiastes 10:2:

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Tangential, and the Ukraine thread being closed, from the "we will support Ukraine forever" stance to "we can't fund them forever" stance taking place as focus toward the Israeli situation takes center stage and related news:

- Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Page 58 of 195 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068108158 ... LastLast