Quote Originally Posted by JSantoro View Post
This is the only thing I'm familiar with that even comes close....

http://www.us-palm.com/index.php?opt...=product&id=28

....but still misses because it's sold as a package (plates included). You'd have to contact them to see if they sell the carrier by itself, which I'd do based on the fact that it looks more adjustable in terms of ride-height.

Some LE products still use rectangular plates, but I'm not familiar with carriers for them and hesitate to point things out as a result. The one time I wore one (2005), I'd already gotten "spoiled" by having worn corner-cut, double-curve SAPIs in the Interceptor vest, which were getting pushed forward prior and during OIF1.

The military issuing double-curve plates en mass kind of shot the single-curve/flat plate market in the ass, except for small trauma plates that are of a size similar to the 6x8 plates commonly used for side-SAPIs. Again, more of an LE thing, and I hope somebody from that community has more info. Those US Palm plates are surplus AirSave plates, and I similarly hope that somebody with aircrew experience may chime in with alternative carriers that they may have worn to mount those things.

Otherwise, SKD currently carries excellent plates for good prices, though one needs to bear in mind that any not rated for stand-alone use require backers to provide protection up to their rating. Even with stand-alone-rated plates, backers are a damned good idea. It DOES add up......

Checking the EE is a good idea, too.
Well I plan on calling first thing Monday morning to see about a possible exchange...or flat out return if possible.

If they do accept a return do you have any solid recommendations for any corner-cut armor?