Some years back I picked up a G17 to see if I could learn to shoot it decently and love it. I fought its (ok, MY) poor groups for a year. In frustration I brought out a 1913 production Colt 1911; 9# pull, knife-edge front and shallow round notch rear sights, and elevation and windage known to be off. I allowed for the holdoff and that old warrior dumped a respectable group into the target for me. Not quite state of the art or the pinacle of high speed-low drag, but it did an honest job for me. In spite of much effort (and some cursing) I could never shoot that Glock for beans. I finally traded it off for two used DA wheelguns and felt good about it.

A while back I picked up a Sigma 9mm for grins, and it shoots quite well for me without the drama. Go figure. Maybe I need a S&W M&P but space in the safe is at a premium nowadays.

Maybe there is a trigger mod for the Glock that makes it shoot like a Gold Cup, but I don't have the time or inclination to track it down.

I miss the days when issue guns came in S&W blue boxes, only held 6 shots, and decent triggers were the norm. Que sera, sera.