Quote Originally Posted by K.L. Davis View Post
1. Usually a short blade machete or "camp knife" - sometimes a boy's axe.

2. Some sort of ~4" blade knife like a ESEE.

3. Usually a SAK OHT - sometimes a multitool, I like the SOG and Gerber.
This is my preference as well.

I spend alot of time hunting/camping here year round,and a couple weeks a year hunting elk out west in remote locations.

Typically I carry a Condor Golok on my back pack or belt depending on situation,which serves to do light axe work,as well as a general purpose camp knife,large game field cleaning/butchering needs etc..

I have several folders that I have a preference for and carry which ever tickles my fancy,maybe two.

My designated belt knife is one of the older Cold Steel Carbon V Recon Tanto's.Thing has shown to be as tough and durable as a rail spike,so I rely on it.

I wear a Gerber multi tool 24/7,so Ive always got one on or with me.

I have seen no need for a hand saw as I usually only burn what wood I gather from ground clutter.Long small to medium limbs/fallen tree's I wedge between two tree's that are close together and break it up using leverage.Large pieces of wood/logs I burn in half or work it thru the fire little at a time.So I don't do any real wood work beyond clearing brush from the camp site.

As for a pure last resort only one tool in a survival scenario,I'd rather have the Golok.Fits the bill for axe duty and knife needs.Fantastic all around tool to say the least.