Yes, Noveske built me a wonderful 12.5" gun. Just like they built me a wonderful 14.5" gun. Just like I am now interested in a wonderful 10.5' upper.

I had a few questions, though...

Does Noveske "Match" uppers and lowers? I know VLTOR makes their uppers, and "they" make their lowers, but do they hand-pick them or something? I figure the answer is "no", but I just wanted to seek clarification.

Also, I have heard that Noveske uppers with 10.5" barrels run great. Run just fine. Don't need any funky "blue spring" or "9mm buffer" or whatever. They run with Wolf. Run with 5.56. Run just as well as a 14.5" upper.

Is this everyone's experience, as well? I hear over and over that "A few years ago, the 10.5" got sorted out". Well...how? I mean, I would think that port-size would get "sorted out" before it ever came to market. It couldn't be that hard. What advancement did Noveske make over other companies, etc. that allows their 10.5's to run so well, or is it just that Noveske does it CORRECTLY and with less tolerance, so that they simply have less/no "out of spec" stuff choking on either end of the spectrum?

Also, how would a 10.5" upper "feel" compared to my 12.5" upper? Will it run "choppier" or "rougher", or will it feel identical with my eyes closed except for balance/weight distribution?

Also, yes, I know that my blast-baffle will hate me on my FA556-212, but it won't kill it ASAP, will it? I plan on running a flash-hider because I have shot a braked SBR before and I HATED IT!!! I have not shot one with a FH before. I suspect concussion is still a PITA, but is it one of those "It hurts like hell no-matter what, so get the brake", or is it "Yeah, the FH is a lot nicer, even though it's still a pain".

Now...my NFA question...

I download a form, fill in information, and mail it to the ATF. I do not need a response. I do not need permission. I tell THEM. Is that correct? What happens when I move? I am fuzzy on this whole AR with different length uppers in SBR category thing.