Hi folks,

I am wanting start building a long distance shooter on the AR Platform. Im not sure if I want to go .308 or stay with .223. There are a few parameters that I am not sure about, I did a little searching and found a few helpful hints but not exactly what I am looking for.

What I am wanting the rifle to do is have the ability to be accurate at 300M +. Varmint and small game.

When it comes to .308 or .223 as a long distance shooter would you give the .308 on the AR Platform the time of day?

While looking at DD I see they have the 18" barrel but not a 20" barrel. So that got me thinking, would I really need a 20" barrel?

Is there a particular company that I need to gravitate to that might be know to have better long range options?

I would like to have it set up with a bipod, free float tube/rail. Is there anything else that I should be looking for to make the rifle more accurate (knowing that a lot of the accuracy comes from the shooter)?

As far as optics, theres so much to choose from I am not going to ask for that here but if you just have to plug one, lemme hear it!

V/r,

McBrideBr