Quote Originally Posted by Honu View Post
agree with the above

I guess I still don't see the right as those that see the progressive republicans as the future ? most right types I know see them as the demise of the party ? and sadly the progressive have pretty much taken over all dems except a few and they are now working hard on taking over republicans which of course meghan or however you spell her name is the twit type they start with who is beyond stupid in many ways

Well, twice now we've nominated and run candidates who use working with Democrats as a talking point, support progressive income taxes, social spending via forced income redistribution, social services, ect. Whatever you want to call them they are 'progressive' ideological implementations.

Don't forget people like Boehner supported a stimulus like Obama passed but just half as bad at around 500 billion instead of the 900 billion thing Obama signed. We don't have small/limited government Republicans in charge and we aren't running them as candidates for president.

I think in this election, Ron Paul was the only limited government person, then we had the religious nuts like Bachman and Santourum, and then the big government types like Romney. Everyone says Ron Paul cannot get elected so we're left with religious nuts or big government, and the religious types weren't exactly small government, either.