I've been toying with the idea of changing up some things on my factory Noveske. Here are some older pictures, but you get the point of the rifle itself.

Its a 14.5" CL Noveske N4 Light w/ VIS & SWB.

Main objectives:
Shave some weight
Gain more rail space
Soften the recoil if possible (not that its bad at all, but I seem to remember the issued M4's and M16's I've shot as recoiling even less)

As much as I love it, its hard to justify the 9" VLTOR VIS when I can get a much longer rail and still drop a decent amount of weight. Apparently though, one does not simply detach a VIS from the upper. So I'd have to get a whole new Noveske MUR upper and use my current barrel on that. I've also decided that the Switchblock is kind of pointless because if I was going to suppress anything, it'd be an SBR. So I'd need a lo-pro gas block too, though I'm still trying to figure out whether I need a .625 or a .750. I'm very heavily considering the 13" SMR MK1 as the rail. Apparently its kind of hefty, but if the calculations I've made are correct, with the new, lighter barrel nut, its right around 10 ounces lighter than my current setup. Since I'm dropping the SWB, I want to switch the Blackout to the BCM Comp. And finally, I'm debating the VLTOR A5. I see it recommended all the time here, but can't decide if I want to mess with mine since I've never had any reliability problems and as far as I can tell, that's the main objective of the system.

So I think the parts would look something like this:
Noveske MUR upper
Noveske middy gas tube
Noveske low profile gas block
Geissele 13" SMR MK1 (and new barrel nut)
BCM Comp Mod 1

Anything not sound right to you guys? I've never considered building a rifle because I just prefer to buy a factory built one. That being said, I'd have all work done by ADCO most likely.