Thread: A few additions on my 14.5" mid build... new ambi bolt catch/release

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score

A few additions on my 14.5" mid build... new ambi bolt catch/release

Added a few things to my 14.5" build. Added a Tango down short vertical forgrip, a Daniel Defense QD sling mount, VTAC/Larue sling, and a prototype/beta model of a ambi bolt catch/release.
    The bolt catch is really a interesting design. It allows you to both lock the bolt open, and release it, all with your index finger without ever having to change your firing grip. It also allows you to still operate the release/catch from the left side as normal. I've been trying it for a few weeks now. At first it took a little getting used to, as I was not used to anything being where it is. I'm still working with it, but when I remember it and use it, man is it ever fast. It attaches to the stock bolt catch. To operate it, you simply push up on the bottom of it with your index/trigger finger, and it will lock the bolt back. To release the bolt, such as after a mag change, you simply push on the end of the arm dowards, with the tip of your index/trigger finger. An interesting by product, is that to operate it either locking the bolt open, or releasing it, it forces you to have your finger off the trigger.
    Its designed by none other than Travis (President) Haley. Hopefully, we'll see it in production soon, as I believe he has lined up a pretty awesome company to make them for him.

Last edited by Hawkeye; 04-20-09 at 20:29.
    Protego quod vallo.
    Si vis pacem para bellum.