I've been reading a couple of the suppressor threads on here and I notice that a lot of cans go back over the barrel a couple inches. I have 2 Colt 6933s coming, and I'm looking to pick up at least one can for them. My concern comes from this back-over-the-barrel business though. I'd like to keep OAL down, obviously, but I don't know which suppressor models will fit over the small amount of barrel that's left beyond the gas block.

I'm not looking for "This company makes better cans than that company." or "This can is quieter than that can." here. I'll make those decisions when I get closer to finally making the call to a dealer. But I would like to know what cans will fit and what cans meet my needs at the same time.

I would prefer a flash hider over a brake if I have a quick-detach can. I would prefer quick-detach. These are simply my uninformed opinions, because I don't know anything about cans (obviously). I don't know the ups and downs of screw-on vs. quick-detach suppressors, and obviously I'm open to suggestion here. The only reason I would like a quick-detach is based on the limited experience (couple hundred rounds) I have with my friend's 9mm can on a Mac-11 (I think it was an 11). After a magazine on full auto, the can would start to unscrew itself and required tightening. That seems ridiculous to me. If a screw-on will be markedly more accurate than a quick-detach then perhaps I'll go that way. Again, I don't know a whole lot and am definitely looking to learn. Any help would be much appreciated.