Thread: Good gun stores in Bucks, Montco

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Voodoo_Man View Post
    +1 for Claytons

Do yourself a favor and haggle with them, as they do that type of stuff (even though they might be resistant at first) Offer cash they might drop taxes and some off the price. Also larger selection than most places and friendlier. Classic Pistol sucks as the owner is annoying. Tanners is pretty crappy too, bad attitudes.
    Really? I've really never heard a bad word about Tanners before. Staff has always been excellent and very helpful, even during times where they were swamped. They also never raised prices on firearms, ammo, etc in anyway that wasn't driven by wholesale price increases. One of the reasons I keep using them. They also ship to CA FFL's (yes some won't) and are very easy to work with when using a C&R.

Hell when I used to live Newton, I was there all the time. Heck, even in living in Lower Merion now I still make trips up there. The fact that the list the prices and upcoming ammo and guns coming into the store each week on their facebook page is a big plus too.

What happened to you when shopping there? Not being accusatory, just honestly interested.

On the other stores
    Surplus is okay, it can be hit or miss in terms of stock or pricing, but they do get a lot of cooler old/oddball stuff there and the pricing can also be rather good at times. Ammo not so much. Staff has always been nice to me.

Classic is where I used to shoot at (before switching to Wicen's recently, mostly for a desire to shoot outdoors), and while the prices are higher, the staff is generally pretty good and so is the way the range is run.

Claytons was a store I was only in once or twice and not when I was looking to get a gun, but staff was helpful and the selection seemed really large too.

King's in King of Prussia is pretty good for reloading supplies, but the prices are higher on guns, that said Pat and Roger are really nice and so is most of the staff. Good place to get cast bullets. They also are a Class III dealer with silencers if that's your thing.

That said they all stink for transfers on new internet guns. Person I use is DHF sales who is really nice and right near the Bryn Mawr Hospital. He's even meet me late at night (he's by appt) because of me having to work in NYC during the day.
    Last edited by gfanikf; 07-08-13 at 10:52.