Quote Originally Posted by Inkslinger View Post
They seem to be giving conflicting information on their website. Maybe I'm reading it wrong, if you're licensed to carry you may do so in an establishment that's liquor sale make up less than 50% of their business. If its over 51% it would be a felony, but the sign would require large red letters. The devils in the details.

http://www.tabc.state.tx.us/laws/sign_requirements.asp
From the link:
All alcoholic beverages retailers must post one of two firearms signs. One sign is intended for use on the types of premises where a holder of a concealed hand gun license may lawfully possess a concealed hand gun: establishments licensed to sell alcoholic beverages for off-premises consumption or, if licensed for sale for on-premises consumption, establishments whose alcohol sales are 50% or less of total gross receipts. It warns that unlicensed possession of a concealed weapon is a felony.

The second sign, the 51% sign, is to be posted on the premises of establishments where the possession of any concealed weapon is illegal. These are establishments that are licensed to sell alcoholic beverages for on-premises consumption whose alcohol sales constitutes more than half of gross receipts. These signs have 51% in large red letters superimposed over the warning and the warning notes that possession of a concealed weapon on the premises is a felony.
It is illegal to drink alcohol at liquor stores/convenient stores so it is perfectly legal to CCW in them, I carry every time I go to a liquor store and or gas station. As for the 51% that is for bars/pubs/clubs where the majority of the business is from alcohol sales for on-site consumption. While most restaurants sell alcohol the majority of their income is derived from food sales.