After a few months of progressing issues with key holing from my DPMS I had finally determined that the barrel was shot out. After much deliberation and lots of suggestion from friends, fellow shooter, fellow LEO's and the good people here on m4carbine.com I decided on a new upper group and BCG from Bravo Company.

I went with the BCM BFH 14.5" middy with the new 13" KMR rail. I also coupled one of BCM's fine BCG's, an ambi charging handle and also a BCM short vertical grip. Upon opening the box I could immediately tell I was holding a finely made upper receiver group. The Mod1 BCM gunfighter muzzle device was secured with a pin and clean welding spot that made it clear that this muzzle device was obviously permanently affixed to the government profile barrel.

After a quick trip to the range, I was able to run about 100rds of mixed 55gr .233 and 5.56, and the rifle ran flawlessly. The impromptu range trip allowed me to get a general zero with my fixed Daniel Defense iron sights and my Eotech 512. Some slight adjustment was made due to the fact I was going from a 15" rail to the BCM KMR 13" rail.

Today I was able to hit the range again with a selection of 69-75gr bullets to dial in my Burris Fullfield Tac30 1-4x scope.

Using Federal Gold medal Match 69gr ammo I got a 1.88" group.

With some HPR Match 75gr HPBT I got a 1.63" group

All groups fired were under 2MOA. I was also able to further dial in my iron sight/eotech combination and run some 2x2x2 drills. The rifle handled well and swung smoothly while transitioning. I have had flawless functioning from 50-75gr bullets and don't see any reason that I would have any foreseeable issues from this fine BCM tool!

Below is the previous incarnation of my rifle, Athena!

And this is Athena 2.0! I call her "lil sister."

-BTO-