Quote Originally Posted by KalashniKEV View Post
Why would they keep two competing designs in their lineup that perform exactly the same function with no difference in performance?

There is a differentiation between say... the Omega and the Saker, or the Sparrow and the Spectre. For mounts though?

Kill the MAAD... and ASR from here on out.

The MAAD mount offers 2 unique features over the ASR: the ability for users to run multiple mounts (AAC, YHM, we hoped SF eventually etc. ) It also allows users to mount the suppressor under handguards (if you are into that sort of thing)....... ironically I have use for neither of those features.

I agree that the MAAD mount is more complicated, harder to manufacture, longer and heavier. Unfortunately for me and many others the Saker/MAAD Ttifecta combo was suppose to be the end all be all and that's what I bought into. I've personally have had no problems with my Sakers and MAAD mounts. I keep them clean/tight, and everything runs perfectly.

I currently have 3 mounting systems: Surefire, MAAD Trifecta, and Thunderbeast's CB mount. I personally have no use or want for another mounting system to juggle. If SiCo continues with the ASR, then I will happily buy more Surefire or TBAC cans. The Hybrid is really tempting, and I may still get it if they don't offer a MAAD option, but I'll just use it as a direct thread.