Thread: Steel Crew; Manual Labor - Lifting 3-Days/Week??

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Steel Crew; Manual Labor - Lifting 3-Days/Week??

I have recently decided to get back into weight training. Functional strength is a plus, but I am mainly doing it for 'bodybuilding/aesthetic' purposes. I am out of town Monday - Thursday and work on a steel crew (doing an airplane hangar right now at McGhee Tyson Air National Guard Base.)

I understand my diet needs to be on point. I am wanting to bulk up from September 9 - March 9 and then cut through the Spring/Summer months.

I am considering using a Push/Pull/Legs routine. As in, when I get back into town on Thursday night, go to the gym Friday/Saturday/Sunday and then back to work Monday morning, get home Thursday evening, and repeat.

My intention is to keep my workouts between 1 - 1 1/2hr. If I were to follow this programming, yet hit it hard with a good amount of volume and make sure I eat every chance I get (homemade weight gainers, protein shakes, whole foods, high protein, high carbs, etc.) would this be doable? I know burning as many calories a day as I am, it will be a tall order and I am a 'hard gainer' anyways. I will only be supplementing with creatine, a multivitamin, fish oil, probably glucosamine for my joints, and protein shakes (either a blended protein or just use whey in the am and post-workout once I'm home and casein in the pm and before bed.) Have considered also possibly throwing in some liver tabs with every meal.

I am not a newby, necessarily, but other than working out in high school and then PT when I was in the Army, I have not worked out consistently, so any and all criticism and/or suggestions are more than welcome. I look forward to tapping into the knowledge of WillBrink and others on these forums who have experience in this particular area. I apologize for the lengthy post, but hope to get a good discussion started on the subject.

I am 29 and currently 5' 8" at 152lbs. and would estimate my BF at somewhere in the 9-12% range.

Thanks again, in advance, for any and all help and I look forward to hearing from each and every one of you.
    Last edited by WTDeBerry; 09-03-16 at 17:41.