Thread: I want to buy 5 suppressors at once, help me pick.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

I want to buy 5 suppressors at once, help me pick.

Hello,

I currently live in a non-nfa state, I have second home in an NFA state. I want to move there and buy 5 suppressors. I would like to buy all 5 at once as eventually I may have to move back to my non NFA state. These items will continue to live at my second home.

At this point in my life I can do this, I own my own business I can be away from and my wife is not currently working. In a couple years I will not be able to live at my second home for a an extended period so I have to do this now.

I want a

.22lr silencer, mostly for a Walther p22.
    Looking for some thing small quiet and cleanable.

9mm silencer. Will be used on glocks.
    Quality, weight and noise reduction are most important.

.45 ACP silencer.
    I have a MK23, I want the proper KAC suppressor here. I currently have no other .45 acp firearms to silence.

5.56 silencer
    This will likely live on a 11.5" upper. I could go dedicated and direct thread here.
    I want in this order Durability, low weight, sound reduction, short. Again this could be thread on and left here.

30 cal. silencer
    This one could get mounted on a SCAR 17s from time to time. Mostly I want it for 300 black out. It does not need to handle 300 winmag and the like. This has to be quick detach. I want to use this on my other 5.56 rifles too, especially if I go direct thread on the 5.56 silencer.
    Ultimately its for 300 blk out subsonic, so I want it to be super quiet with that round. Smaller the better with out compromising sound suppression.

I will own these all for life (obviously) and likely wont buy anymore ever again. Price is not so much an issue here, cheaper is always nicer, but I don't have a budget.

It has to actually be available, or at least commonly so. If I can't actually buy it its of no use to me.

I'm a big 'buy once cry once' guy. I want top of the line. Very durable, no corners cut.

Size and weight make a difference to me, but not at the cost of durability.

Thanks for the help.

UPDATE: Post copied from page 4
    I forgot I started this thread until recently, so I dug it up to give a little update.

I moved forward and ended with not 5, but 6 suppressors and 2 SBRs.

Q El Camino for a .22LR silencer. It seemed simple, quiet and durable.
    AAC Ti-Rant 9m for a 9mm silencer. All around seemed like the best choice to me.
    AAC TiRant 45m for a 45Cal silencer for all the same reasons.

Surefire 556-RC2 for a 5.56mm can. Good enough for SOCOM, good enough for me. More to it than that on my decision, but basically yeah.

Q Trash Panda
    AAC SDN-6
    Two different cans for the same caliber's and for the most part usage. Both were designed under the same direction of Kevin B, at different times at different companies. They are total opposites. One is heavy and all inconel, one is light short fat and titanium. I think the AAC is technically much more durable. They are the most versatile of what I got. The Q Trash panda will end up mostly for 300 BLK subs and any precision bolt gun. The AAC SDN-6 will used mostly my B&T APC223 VSBR and my SCAR17s and HK91 clones, it will obviously see 300blk use as well.

Incidentally and not on purpose, 5 of the 6 cans I went with were created under Kevin B.

I was originally going to form 1 a few of my lowers, end of the day after doing the form 4 for my cans through Silencer shop I decided I wanted factory SBRs, due to ease of purchase and form 4 through silencer shop and not having to do engraving.

For the rifles I went with a Colt 6933, for all the obvious reasons. I really don't care on factory configurations, I'll rebuild it. I wanted a Factory SBR colt lower. This is ho you do it. It was 1100$ which seemed fair to me.

I wanted a second SBR too, the second one I found was a smoking deal on an AAC MPW. Its a 300BLK rifle with a Geiselle trigger and Knights URX 3.1 rail, the barrel is 12.5" and equipped with an AAC black out mount for my SDN-6. There was also some fancy coated BCG in it. ALL Magpul furniture. It was 865$, the rail, trigger and flash hider cost that much. Like I said smoking deal and a very nice match to AAC SDN-6. Yes I know its basically a Bushmaster, that said I had previously purchased an AAC upper and it was the nicest factory assembled upper I ever had from a fit and finish perspective, shot well too, maybe AAC gets to spec things different? And again 865$, and I mostly only care about the lower.

All checks for cans cleared 7/29 and the checks for the two rifles 9/19. I'm hoping I'm half way through my wait on the cans. I got to shoot the two AAC Ti-Rants while at my dealer. Two big things struck me, the (mm did not sound quieter than the 45 and when I took the 3 last baffles off the 45m and made it smaller and shot it and decided the"M" aspect is worthless and I'd never shoot it less than full length. I didn't even bother trying the 9mm in its short config. 9mm was my Glock 17 host, 45 was amy H&K Mark23.

I'm looking forward to spring and all my new toys coming home.

ETA: Part of my choice of silencers were all 6 were available from silencer shop at the same time. I'd been watching their stock over time, after I saw all available at once I pulled the trigger. The Surefire was the one that was in stock the most infrequently.
    Last edited by TMS951; 11-15-18 at 10:41.