Quote Originally Posted by Vinh
This is true. I think of it as carbine stance vs subgun stance. I just use whatever the instructor wants. Before I met Larry, I was always squared up, as that was the only way I had been taught by various instructors. When introduced to the carbine stance, the immediate performance gains in both speed and precision were too substantial to ignore. And while a great many will cry foul over the reduction in plate area presented downrange, the profile difference is not nearly as dramatic as they would have you believe.
As much as I hesitate to say it the competition 3-gunners have been using this stance for increased performance for years. Does anyone know if Paul Howe uses the same stance since he and Larry come from the same training background? Do you suppose many tactical trainers may not be using the carbine stance so as not to be compared to the competition shooters? Seems if you mention competition on some boards you are thought of as less that serious. Certainly there are many differences but many of the techniques developed in competition have led to improved gun handling skills for serious social purposes.

IMHO