Quote Originally Posted by J-Dub View Post
I would say, if it works, it works. I just took a course from an extremely credible instructor that kinda echoed the sentiment from above. Draw, Grip, sight alignment, and trigger control are king. I kinda agree. Does that mean experimenting shooting behind cover/concealment, on stairs, from a vehicle is wrong? No. But if your grip is ****ed up it might not matter.
Truthful.

It is hard to get multiple hits without a good grip, proper sight alignment, trigger control annnnnnd a good stance. You can say some elements may be more important than others, but that isn't to say all are not important.

You'll notice that I left draw out of the list required to get multiple hits. Is the draw important? Yes it is, but even the best draw will lose to an already drawn weapon. So more important may actually be being situationally aware so that you draw in advance.

To me equally important to a proper draw stroke is the impulse to move as you draw. That movement may just allow you to defeat the disadvantage of coming from slightly behind. Getting solid hits while moving is largely dependent on how much and how well you've practiced twisting and aligning your torso as you move, and how level your footwork allows you to keep the pistol.

Those things come from paying attention to and working on stance.

So I can't agree that stances is relatively unimportant.