I'm looking for the right weapon light to add to my 11.5" BCM pistol that is slated for home defense and general all around utility. I'm trying to get the most useful performance while still keeping the light simple (clicky tailcap while mounted at 1 oclock) and lightweight. Inside the home, I feel like most any light will do. Outside, my property is semi-rural with most realistic scenarios resulting in shots 75 yards or less. Thus far I've tried the following and had the corresponding observations...

Streamlight rail mount 2 - Fairly bright and reliable so far while on another rifle, good throw and decent spill. Prefer the Surefires tailcap (more protected from ADs).

Surefire m300 scout - Slightly less bright than the Streamlight RM2. Decent spill, lacking in throw comparitively. Love the size/weight, and the smoother beam pattern (no noticeable cutoff) is nice when indoors.

Surefire m600DF - Brightest with great spill decent throw but tends to 'wash out' at distance, especially with fog or light rain. Had trouble with the operation of this light being finnicky. Sometimes would flicker when tailcap depressed and only light up at about 3-400 lumens. Also have to unscrew the head a half turn with the 18650 installed or its constant on (not sure if it's supposed to be like this?).

Tlr1 HL - Slightly brighter than the Streamlight RM2, less so than the m600DF. Good spill, decent throw, doesn't seem as rugged as the others.

Have considered the Modlites with the PLHv2 head, but the 18350 option while output and size/form factor would be excellent, run time seems less than ideal. The 18650 version is definitely in the running, just not sure if it's needed.

Also looked at the Arisaka lights however I like a bit more spill for situational awareness when outside.

Any thoughts? Any of these lights seem to be able to make PID at the 75 yard range with what little testing I've done. How much light is REALLY necessary? I get that more is generally better, but I seem to see a ton of SBRs with m300 Scouts.