Thread: The UNLOVED GUN - the FNX 9

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

The UNLOVED GUN - the FNX 9

https://www.m4carbine.net/google.php...=1673j879475j5

Nice thread above - one of the really great things about M4C.

Got the itch and while the panic is on, decided to get something. Missed a chance at ANOTHER P30S 3 weeks ago - nuts - finally have mine shooting like a house afire. Because no one wants one, I found an FNX 9 on GunPrime and Voila - it is here. BTW - no one cares about these. Even on the FN Forum no one cares.

Took it to the range. It is ACCURATE. It is reliable (OK so far but look above). It is ALL ambi. It is LIGHT - the lightest hammer gun made (double stack). The SA is decent. The DA is (too) heavy but REALLY smooth.
    But.... if you do HIGH hand hold the safety WILL kill you. I get very high. I was concerned about this, because I've read it, and felt it in the shop, but bit anyway - and it bit me.

I THINK I want to make it work, so I'm doing a bunch of dry fire and have adjusted my support hand so my firing hand doesn't get all tied up in the (misplaced) safety. Why? It seems to be a VERY well made and lightweight ambi piece, and worth the trouble.

Has anyone dehorned the safety? You can buy the parts and use one set to work on.

Also, I think this thing will light rounds with no primer. The hammer hits like Dick Butkus. They overbuilt the hammer spring for sure - if one could take 2-3 LBS off, they'd be amazing. Just some initial comments.
    Last edited by m4brian; 07-17-20 at 16:44.