Thread: NX8 vs Razor III for AR10

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    76 (100%)

NX8 vs Razor III for AR10

So I have an M&P10 currently wearing a Trijicon RS27 Accupower 1-8x24. While I like the Accupower, I have two major gripes:
    1- illumination sucks
    2- very very heavy, especially with my choice of mount

So with that said, I'm considering selling it and getting one of the optics mentioned in the title. I know that the NX8 is very light and handy, especially with a 30mm mount, but it seems like the eye box is considered to be too small for .308 use. Were I to get this, I would probably get a LaRue mount.

I'm also considering the Razor Gen III. It's a bit bigger and heavier, but seems like it would not suffer from any eye box issues. If I get this, I guess I would re-use my current mount, or get a Bobro single lever 34mm mount. QD is mandatory for this rifle.

Both have reticles that I'm okay with, though I do like the NX8 one better due to the longer and bolder "T" lines. Both seem to have great illumination.

Thoughts on these two for my application? Again, my goal is something that is noticeably lighter, and has daylight visible illumination for close range shooting. Without both of these improvements, it's not worth it for me to change the optic at all.
    For the record, this is a general purpose, mid-range thumper.
    Thanks
    Last edited by masakari; 08-15-20 at 14:37.