I finally pulled the trigger on my first AK...a Zastava M70 triangle side folder from Atlantic. I've always had a passing interest AKs, but I've been guilty of the "I can get one whenever," mindset and never went out of my way to buy one.

I'm not looking to trick this one out--I just want a functional rifle with a classic feel. I ordered some steel cased Wolf FMJ and 2 each of the steel mags and the Zastava polymer mags, but I'll also be looking to drop some pigs with this gun--is there anything I should know before shooting soft points in an AK? I'm also aware AKs can be finicky with mags--if anyone has insight on what historically works well with the M70 before I drop a few hundred bucks I'd appreciate it.

Other than an trying to source as much ammo as I can, are there there any other widgets I should look in to? I'm already tracking that a sight tool makes zeroing easier and I ordered one of the AKOU website. I see this rifle probably spending most of its time as a range toy but in my part of Florida I think it would be suitable for hogs too.

Thanks!