Thread: Sig 320 safety issues

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    I key sentence in the article mentions if anything touches the trigger the gun goes off. As soon as I read that the officer mentioned in the article was snapping his keys to his gunbelt I have a pretty good idea of what happened. With striker fired guns that have fairly short light trigger pulls anything getting in the holster is going to pull the trigger. Additionally with the average patrol officer getting issued a light mounted weapon with flashlight capable holster there are alot of gaps around the trigger guard. My old department issues the Safariland 6360 holster with a TLR light for our P320 Carry model. You could get your finger to the trigger with the gaps around the trigger guard on the light holster. You could not come close to the trigger with the non light version of the same holster. To my knowledge the P320 is the first mass issued striker fired weapon that has a short/light trigger pull without a trigger safety. That type of trigger will require officers to be more aware of what is hanging from their uniforms. David
    Last edited by dwhitehorne; 08-18-21 at 06:14.