Thread: Footlong Training Analog

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    30 (100%)

Footlong Training Analog

Next up is this 9mm gun. 9mm ammo is a eff-pile cheaper than 5.56 and is natively subsonic. I started putting this together in 2019 and finished in 2020, IIRC.

70B0EB31-D55F-4102-ABD7-FD0C1474D831.jpeg

From front to rear:

Rex Silentium MG7k with Plan A XL. Quite effective.

Griffin .338 Tactical Comp mount that I reamed to 13/32. It works. Can doesn’t get stuck.

TLR VIR II. Gives me white light and IR illum/laser in one inexpensive unit. IR illum is what you would expect from a pistol light, but the laser has similar reach to a MAWL C1+.

Xcaliber 12” barrel. Nice profile, shoots straight. Tight chamber, though. Well, the throat, really. Getting a live round out can be problematic sometimes.

Midwest Ind front sight.

DDM4 rail. Very light; so quad. DD rail covers.

BFG VCAS Sling. On almost every gun I shoot.

Transverse battery EoTech with side buttons, NV mode, and BDC. Second dot is like 150yd. Its on a YHM riser that makes the height similar to the latest fad.

RRA 9mm upper. Simple.

FosTech 9mm bolt with modified* M16 extractor.

Magpul MBUS rear.

BCM GFH Mod3 charging handle. Bought 3 on clearance when a LGS was relocating. PRI Gasbuster is better, but this works fine.

PSA registered SBR lower**. Had to do a lot of filing to make it work.

Colt-type mag. Because I’m not a ****ing heathen.

Boonie Packer Redi-Catch. I like locking back with my mag release.

Triggertech AR Combat trigger. Its like a mouse click.

Colt ambi selector. Its familiar.

BCM Mod 2 grip. Same as most my rifles. It contains a hex key, some oil, and 5 peanut M&Ms.

PWS ratchet endplate. Because I’m lazy.

Vltor A5 RE.

Colt spring.

Wazoo buffer system that I may patent.

BCM Mod 0 stock. Same as most of my rifles.

*The stock extractor held onto the case too hard and had poor ejection with frequent stovepipes. Some careful Dremel/Kratex, file, and sandpaper work relieved the edges and allowed it to eject more vigorously. The center of the extractor hook is untouched, but the outer edges are massaged so as to not be in contact with the rim. Cold blue and oil applied.

**Feed ramps and the pinning hole were manufactured out of spec. To remedy this, PSA placed a rather thick L-shaped shim under it so they could just pin it higher. Morons. With a bolt installed, you cannot install an upper on this lower. This is a common problem in their Colt mag lowers. I lowered the height of the wings of the ramp quite a bit, and the ramp itself some, and did some polishing. I cold-blued this contraption, then applied oil. I also “tuned” the ejector with a crescent wrench.
    Last edited by 1168; 05-27-22 at 08:17. Reason: Brand correction