When these first hit the shelves, I was somewhat skeptical about them as they were reminiscent of the Sigma. Also, I couldn't fathom how they could compare, or rather compete, with my beloved Glocks. Mind you, they certainly felt good in hand and the trigger pull on the samples that I handled were very nice. But again, being the skeptic that I am I reserved judgment until I could fire one. Furthermore, I was very disappointed by the fact that they had an internal locking device and a magazine disconnect.

Last night, the opportunity arose for me to put some rounds down range. I was able to run a couple of boxes of 180 gr. rounds through a range rental and I was very impressed. It was accurate and recoil was similar to a Glock 9mm. It felt great. There were two warts that I must mention, the rear sight came loose, but this was due to the fact that the set screw was not tightened down. The other was the fact that the gun had several failures to feed as the rounds were getting caught up. The range manager and I were able to trace this to the fact that the magazine follower was chipped and was binding slightly, therefore not pushing the rounds up with sufficient force. Neither of these issue turned me off on the gun as both were easily rectified.

After shooting, I took a look at several M&Ps that the gun shop had in stock and much to my suprise, they didn't have the internal locking device. Unfortunately, they still came with the magazine disconnect. When I asked, I was told that civilians could get them with out the lock but not the disconnect.

So I have questions for you folks because I am really interested in getting one of these. What are your experiences with the M&P series? Likes and dislikes? And last, if I were to get one, is there any way to remove the disconnect?