Quote Originally Posted by triggerjerk View Post
Oops. Didn't mean to imply dependable subminute. Call it progressing from +-3moa to 3 or 4 shots in submoa with 1 or 2 shots towards minute and a half. Of course I'm also using carefully prepped range pickup as opposed to same lot brass. How much is that contributing towards flyers?

I guess my questions would be are Fed AR Match primers any hotter than regular match or other small rifle primers or are the cups just harder? With internet allegations that you need hotter primers with ball powders, have any of you TAC (ball powder) or No. 41 shooters actually noticed accuracy difference with 41s or "regular" small rifle primers?
The primer is not the problem, at least not at 100 yards.

I went to the range yesterday to do more testing. This time I took a different rifle, the 22" 1:7 Wilson Remage setup. I can usually get 0.6" groups out of this gun on a calm day with match grade bullets.

Six 5-shot groups to test the seating depth theory.

#1 62 Hornady BTHP- 1.1" including clean, cold bore, 4 into .47"

#2 69 RMR 3GH 2.245 OAL, 1.98"

#3 69 RMR 3GH 2.265 OAL, 1.63"

At this point, I let the barrel cool but conditions started to get really windy as a storm was moving through.

#4 69 SMK- 1.3", 4 shots went into .469"

#5 69 SMK- .78" 4 shots went into .454"

I could probably tune that 69 SMK load to tighten up that outlier in both but I was only using it as a comparison to the 69 3GH.

#6 69 RMR 3GH 2.255 OAL, 2.128"

The 69 RMR 3GH were blems, but had nicer tips than the regular production bullets, and I don't get any better groups with the good ones.