The Romanian AIMS-74 is chambered in 5.45x39. It has features similar to the AKM and the AK74. They will accept Russian or Bulgarian AK74 magazines, but the Romanian ones are metal. Years ago, I was fortunate enough to be able to buy a couple of original barrel AIMS-74 kits from MarColMar Firearms. The story at the time was that 100 full auto rifles with burst were brough at the behest of the US government to be studied or copied for supply to our allies in the Middle East. Apparently, that fell through. So, the kits were demilled. So far as I know, these were the only AIMS-74 kits brought in with the original barrels. MarColMar somehow got them and offered them for sale. Unfortunately, they sold the matching numbers bayonets prior to selling the kits. I had two receivers with "correct" cosmetic features made by 74ULLC. Their serial numbers match the kits which interestingly are only one number apart. I sent the kits off to Two Rivers Arms a few months ago. I asked them to keep all of the finish original except for the receiver that had to be finished to match. They arrived home today. Here's a before picture of a kit followed by a picture of the twins.