Today in my business and communication class as part of an exercise of working and making decisions together as a team our professor handed this out to us. It was intended for our class but it can still be kind of fun. Heres the scenario.........

You and your companions (6) have just survived the crash of a small plane. Both the pilot and the co-pilot were killed in the crash. It is mid-January and you are in Northern Canada. The daily temperature is 25 below zero and the night time temperarture is 40 below zero. There is snow on the ground and the country side is wooded with several creeks criss-crossing the area. The nearest town is 20 miles away. You are all dressed in city clothes appropriate for a business meeting. Your group of survivors managed to salvage the following items:

A ball of steel wool
A small ax
A loaded .45 caliber pistol
Can of Crisco shortening
Newspapers (one per person)
Cigarette lighter (without fluid)
Extra shirt and pants for each survivor
20x20 ft. piece of heavy-duty canvas
A sectional air map made of plastic
One Quart of 100-proof whiskey
A compass
Family size chocolate bars (one per person)

Your task is to list the above 12 items in order of importance for your survival. List the uses for each.

What would be the order of your list?

(I hope this is not some popular scenario that everyone and their mom has seen before or else....I will look stupid)