Quote Originally Posted by Byron View Post
Note the trigger discipline: brass is still in the air (by the right sleeve) and the finger is already along the frame.
Are you sure that's a good thing?? It seems to me if he is that quick to be off the trigger he isn't doing a good job of following through or scanning. With some shooters this is because of range-itis and an over emphasis on perceived safety. In reality now he has to start all over on the trigger squeeze to shoot again, if need be. I don't know about you, but I feel much safer being willing and able to shoot again quickly and accurately while I'm still on the target. I was taught that no matter how many shots, you always prepare to shoot one more. The shooting sequence isn't complete until you acquire another sight picture and you are prepared to break another shot.

From a teaching perspective his lack of follow through could lead to (or be the current cause of) problems with shot placement and consistency. He may even have some problems with split times, depending on how he manipulates his trigger finger during multiple targets.

Granted, this is one picture of one drill on one day, so I'm not trying to call the shooter out. What I am saying is that commending someone on an open forum for something that might not necessarily be a good thing needs to be discussed.

Comments??