Thread: trying out ISO from Weaver, need input

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    24 (100%)

trying out ISO from Weaver, need input

I started my training taking a pistol class with Giles Stock. Excellent instructor. I have also taken Randy Cain, Ken Hackathorn, and a variety of other classes on both tactics and techniques with handguns, carbines, blades, H2H, and I have started MA's this year with taekwondo.

So I have a well rounded skill set, my marksmanship is good, and I do practice plenty and play gun games (both IDPA and USPSA).

But my handgun basics are all built on a MT foundation.

I score 250 range on the Hackathorn Standards, so Im no slouch here.

But recent converstation and reading has led me to decide to try out ISO, and see if I cant push through to the next level and be able to judge for myself if I want to pursue a change in my technique.

I know Im not the first guy to switch (or try a switch) over.

What Im looking for here is any input or first hand experiance on this.

I am not looking for forever Weaver Vs. Iso debate. I think we have all had/seen our fill of that.

I will be getting together with a friend of mine who shoots ISO, used to shoot Weaver (finger on the trigger guard style even ! ) and is a Master class IPSC shooter. Outside of paid instructors he is hands down the best shooter I ahve ever known personally. So I will have some hands on time with someone who knows WTF they are doing.
    Last edited by Shawn.L; 06-21-10 at 19:58.