I'm experiencing FTE & failure to fully cycle with new Tul Ammo 223 fmj.

I'm a shooting fairly new, Olympic Arms A2 rifle w/ 20 inch barrel. (The only upgrade on the rifle is a BAD lever) The magazine I'm using is a magpul pmag.

It is failing to fully cycle when shooting this ammo. The FTE/cycle occurs almost 100% of the time when using these shells. When shot the bolt will frequently not pick up the next round, and will close on an empty chamber. Other times it will fail to fully eject spent shell, and being to pick up the next round, thus causing a jam. (I have checked the extractor spring & o-ring, and all seems ok there)

I decide to try and problem solve, initially thinking the rifle must be dirty. I stripped it down and cleaned it immaculately. I then returned to the range and experienced the same issues.

I then tried running Pmc & Monarch though it, and it ran like a champ. I tried feeding it Tul again and no dice.

I then took a friends Olympic carbine lower, and put my upper on it, and it shot great. I put his 16 inch upper on my lower and experienced the same issues.

My friend believes that the Tul Ammo is similar to Wolf, and is underpowered, thus has difficulty in fully cycling the rifle length buffer & spring.

My Q's:

Is my friend correct, and if so how do I correct this issue? (aside from choosing another ammo. I've already got 1k of the stuff.)

Can I run a carbine buffer and spring in my rifle tube w/o causing malfunctions & damage? I really want to keep the A2 stock, and avoid using a carbine tube if at all possible.

Thanks in advance,

S>