Page 17 of 55 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thread: Facepalm worthy moments in CCW...

Feedback Score
    At this point I quit reading his email. I hate my co-workers.
    I have met many people with this mentality lately. I can also spot them from a mile away at the gun shows. I always go on rants about how damned cheap,careless,ignorant, and unsafe people are in general. Usually it falls on deaf ears.

If I can't afford something I just don't buy it. Or I'll put it on layaway up at my local FFL. I think I'm the only customer there who has ever asked them to find me a Colt.

One thing I've noticed about the masses is that they would rather have five gazillion El Cheapo handguns/ rifles, instead of a small stable of quality grade weapons. They don't understand that weapons are tools, not some conversation piece to brag about with Bubba, or his son who plays COD.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    http://www.azcentral.com/community/c...sshot0811.html

how about this. Dude shoots his penis with a pink gun.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RancidSumo View Post
    What scares me is that several of the CC courses you guys have mentioned only require you to hit slightly more than 50% of the time at pretty close distances with, I'm assuming, little to no time pressure....and people still fail it. I don't think those people should be banned from carrying a gun but I think they should be smart enough to figure out what the sights are for before they start carrying a pistol.
    In PA, there is no class requirement to get your CCW permit. Just go in, pay $20 and fill out a form, they send you a post card in the mail when its ready, you go back and pay another $5 and you are free to rule the streets as Judge Dread..... HOW DO YOU PLEAD?
    When you can't make them see the light, make them feel the heat.. - Ronald Reagan

smoke and drink and screw..that's what I was born to do.. - Steel Panther

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The pink penis pistol reminded me of this... Dude shows up to the local range with a pink P22 in his pants and proceeds to get busy with his big box of cheap .22. I ignored him after the initial "that guy is actually carrying a PINK P22" moment. After a while I hear "click-click-click-click-click-click" from down the line. When I look, this mouth-breather is covering me and actually PULLING THE TRIGGER. While I'm backpedaling off the line he ejects a live round from the chamber, still pointing the weapon to his left. Apparently, he thought this was the proper way to diagnose and rectify a FTF. I "corrected" him and left. In retrospect, I should have shot him twice in the face. Hindsight is 20/20.

I fear this type of person is becoming a typical example of the modern CHL holder. I have met a frightening number of people who shouldn't be allowed to drive or reproduce that carry a gun on their person or in their vehicle every day. My biggest fear is that I will have to use my weapon one day and one of these imbeciles will shoot me from the sidelines.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tbaker View Post
    E-mail right after lunch from a co-worker who will be taking his CCW/CHL this weekend. Not really sure why I kept the email going. *Note: the smiley faces are from his email, not my adding of them
    -----
    Him: (notice the lack of a 'please') Hey, can you do me a favor and bring me your safety goggles and earphones tomorrow. The CHL class has been rescheduled for this weekend, and I’d like to borrow your gear. Thanks.

Me: (trying to be polite) OK, um sure, I will bring you those items tomorrow. Need anything else? Or just what is mentioned?

Him: Any .380 ammo, or a holster. I’ve attached what we need, check it out. Other than that, I think I’m good bro.

Me: I don’t own any .380 pistols, so my holsters would do you no good. As for the ammunition, guess you could try Academy ... or Wal-Mart.

Him: No prob. I’m just gonna have to get off my cheap ass and buy some. I hate to buy ammo that I’m putting in targets, and not someone’s ass. Thanks for the hookup bro. I appreciate cha. I’ll have it back to you on Monday morning.

Me: Maybe you should re-think your taking of a CHL class and re-evaluate why you want to carry in the first place.

Him: (notice his reply in no way shows concern) Yeah, all I need is 50 rounds. I’ll hit it up tonight. I have half a box, plus two clips loaded already at the house. No worries. I was gonna hit Academy, or Gander Mountain, I didn’t think about Walmart.
    -----
    At this point I quit reading his email. I hate my co-workers.
    Maybe you should post this in the training thread and tie it into: "How to distance yourself from idiot shooters."
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

SPORTS are for Kids!...click*

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by truthseeker View Post
    I fear this type of person is becoming a typical example of the modern CHL holder. I have met a frightening number of people who shouldn't be allowed to drive or reproduce that carry a gun on their person or in their vehicle every day. My biggest fear is that I will have to use my weapon one day and one of these imbeciles will shoot me from the sidelines.
    I agree wholeheartedly. My wife holds a philosophy that you should pass a test before anyone can have kids. There are far too many stupid individuals in society. You want to see a funny and scary example of stupid infecting the world, watch the movie Idiocracy. It's like the Wal Mart people have taken over!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by turdbocharged View Post
    One thing I've noticed about the masses is that they would rather have five gazillion El Cheapo handguns/ rifles, instead of a small stable of quality grade weapons.
    Troof.

Posers buy guns. Shooters buy ammo.

Okie John

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I think it's important to point out that these individuals are in the vast minority. Most of the firearm owners I know and associate myself with are intelligent, safe, and professional.

The only thing I can think of when I see this thread is that it would be the anti-gunner's dream to run across something like this...

Just something to think about.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CQC.45 View Post
    I think it's important to point out that these individuals are in the vast minority. Most of the firearm owners I know and associate myself with are intelligent, safe, and professional.

The only thing I can think of when I see this thread is that it would be the anti-gunner's dream to run across something like this...

Just something to think about.
    Yeah - well, the answer to that is this: Even if every one of these assclowns mentioned in this thread has a thousand children just like him, that has Jack and Shit to do with my right to own, carry, and bear arms. Freedom isn't free - one of the costs is that even the asswipes who don't deserve it have it too - otherwise it's not freedom.

Feedback Score
    i normally dont post here, but i love this thread.... i use to go to the range with friends but after alot of reading and learning my self i wont go with anyone, but one and he is a fire arms instructor for the sheriffs dept.

i had one friend his father and i where taking him shooting and my friend kept saying he knew all about guns and his father thought him all this shit.

we go to the range and he has his finger all over the trigger and i say something to him and show him the ways. he did not want to hear it and he knew what he was doing. so i told him i had to go and i have never talked to him again. if he does not want help then i am not going to risk my life.

Page 17 of 55 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast