Page 6 of 47 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Let's talk coffee!!!!!

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I'll have a cup or two at home, but at work I drink it all day.

My wife just started drinking so she got a Keu rig at costco. kiss. I like that it brews at the right temperature - default 192F iirc - I've heard that most quicky makers, i.e. mr. coffee, don't heat the water hot enough. Must be why I love the work coffee machine brew.

On the road I have to say I've fallen in love with mickey dees joe. Every single cup tastes the same from one to the other - consistant.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CLHC View Post
    Here's an excerpt:

The Sweet Maria's online site is very educational in pretty much all things coffee. Check it out!

Also, check out Clive Coffee[dot]Com. They're in Portland.

Today's morning brew with my Aerobie AeroPress and Porlex Mini Hand Mill set to fine. Coffee this time was OTC Espresso Roast (ran out of the "good" stuff!):

"Another trick is to install a fine nylon sediment screen to augment the metal filter and remove more fine particles. Or just avoid drinking the dregs in your cup."

Or just snort it, that's what I do
    Last edited by WillBrink; 10-08-11 at 18:17.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    "Another trick is to install a fine nylon sediment screen to augment the metal filter and remove more fine particles. Or just avoid drinking the dregs in your cup."

Or just snort it, that's what I do
    That's what's funny about that guy (Tom?) from SMC and his YouTube reviews/how-tos.

Feedback Score
    Though sadly I've had to scale back due to acid reflux, Cafe Britt from Costa Rica has always been my favorite.
    "You can't stop insane people from doing insane things with insane laws...it's...insane!" -- Penn Jillette

Feedback Score
    Coffee for the day 17XII11

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    ClHC,

I've never seen the Porlex hand mill. Is it worth the expense? I need to add a hand grinder to my kitchen kit so I can buy whole bean. How long does it take to grind if it's full?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by PlatoCATM
    CLHC,

I've never seen the Porlex hand mill. Is it worth the expense? I need to add a hand grinder to my kitchen kit so I can buy whole bean. How long does it take to grind if it's full?
    For me, I think it was worth it and I find it works quite fine for its intended purpose. So far, I've been very satisfied with this Porlex Mini.

Here's the whole beans of Kicking Horse Coffee 454 Horse Power

Porlex Mini filled to the brim

After the grind

As can be seen above, it took one minute and forty-five seconds (1:45) for me to manually grind the whole beans. Total revolutions was 260. Turning was "normal" speed and not a deliberate rush. The setting was 7 "clicks" to the left from hard stop right on the grinder.

I found that Sweet Maria's had the best price for the Porlex Mini Hand Mill. Hope that helps! Anymore questions, feel free to ask.

Enjoy!

Feedback Score
    I love coffee and I love beer. I won't cheap out on either. I have used the FP, but never really took to it. I like stronger coffee, so I tend to overdo it a bit when grinding. I know, I should develop some sort of standard technique. I want good coffee, I just don't want to have to work hard for it. Only the best things happen if you work hard. Tim Hortons and Dunkin donuts for drive through, starbucks, peets (if I can find any) and millstone for home grind. Every Christmas I get a 1lb pack of Greenwell farms Kona coffee in my stocking, so I will see what shows up this year!

http://greenwellfarms.com/

Feedback Score
    This evening's brew:

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Definitely need to try out a French Press. I've tried the drip makers and none of them seem to be as good as a regular old stove top coffee pot. I don't think the drip makers get the water hot enough.

When I was stationed in Germany the coffee there was great. It had a very full bodied smell and taste. It also seemed to be richer tasting. I have nevber been able to recreate that here in the States. By the way I usually hit Starbucks every morning for a Grande Coffee with an extra shot of Espresso. Usually takes care of the rest of the day for me.

Page 6 of 47 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast