Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 917181920 LastLast

Thread: How bad is RRA?

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Edited in the best interest of this thread...
    Last edited by HKUSP.40; 02-03-12 at 23:07.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TurretGunner View Post
    Grant,

Does BCM sell whole rifles to retail shops? I know of a handfull of places that carry their products besides them.

Its hard to win market share when 80% of gunstores and customers have never seen or heard of them.

I have never seen a new colt 6920 for less than $1400 in a maryland gunstore. You may be able to sell them for under 1k on the internet, but no retail store is stocking them and selling for that price.

I think it really comes down to ignorance. Half the gun stores, I forgot more about firearms then they will ever know. The other half are less then honest when pushing products on nieve buyers.

That is why it is the responsibility of the purchaser to know what they want/need/can afford.
    My local Sportsmans Warehouse has 6920MPs (the model with Magpul stock, handguard, grip, and sight,) for $1190, and was selling them for $100 less during December. At least 5 Colts of assorted varieties on the rack during my last visit. Just because you have expensive or crappy local shops doesn't mean we all do.
    Colt SP6920, LE6920, 6720
    BCM Lower/ARP 6.8SPC upper for hog hunting
    DD M4V5 clone, Troy 5.56 Carbine, S&W M&P10
    PSA Lower/BCM LW 16" middie CHF upper
    PSA Lower/BCM LW 14.5" middie upper
    2 PSA 18"6.8 rifles, PSA 20" M16A4 clone
    Remington 870, Remington 700VTR
    SA XDm9, XDm9C, , XD9SC S&W 1911
    Ruger GP100, Hawkeye77 Compact 6.8SPC
    Kel-Tec KSG, Marlin 336 30-30, HK 45C, VP9
    Sig 1911 Tacops, Scorpion 1911, M11A1, P226 Mk25

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)

Question

Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    They GAVE them the rifles. Very smart business move on RRA's part because now when anyone asks about the quality, peope will point back to the feds "choosing" the rifle.

C4
    That is a common marketing move. S&W just did it with our State Police. They took their Sig 229's in trade and gave VSP new M&P's with 3mags, holsters and mag pouches. And now they can list VSP on their adds and every cop in VT now knows about the M&P.

Most police holsters here in VT carry Glocks followed by Sig and now S&W has gotten back into the mix.

Also the reason Grant is a straight shooter about gear is he is also a shooter. He uses or has tried what he is selling not just reading about it and drinking the Kool Aid.

The BAD lever is a perfect example. I sold mine because of issues folks here had. Grant's advice was the turning point for me.
    Last edited by usmcvet; 02-04-12 at 19:26.
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
    That is a common marketing move. S&W just did it with our State Police. They took their Sig 229's in trade and gave VSP new M&P's with 3mags, holsters and mag pouches. And now they can list VSP on their adds and every cop in VT now knows about the M&P.
    That is a little different deal IMHO. S&W actually got paid in that exchange and there was also (most likely) an open competition (and S&W won).

Also the reason Grant is a straight shooter about gear is he is also a shooter. He uses or has tried what he is sellinhlg not just reading about it and drinking the Kool Aid.

The BAD lever is a perfect example. I sold mine because if issues folks here had. Grant's advice was the turning point for me.
    We appreciate that.

C4
    Last edited by C4IGrant; 02-04-12 at 09:53.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Someone please kill this thread.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    I agree with Skintop911 as this thread has veered away from the original topic. All I really wanted to know is if the RRA was a good foundation for building a particular type of AR. So as the thread starter I would like the Moderators to please close this thread.

Feedback Score
    I started a thread sort of like this one and it was locked within moments. I'm sort of jealous of this thread to be honest.
    Yes, I like pretty ponies.

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)
    Tzoid

Texan raised in " The Peoples Republic of Maryland"

"RRA- if they came with a blow job I wouldn't take one." - Pat Rogers

Feedback Score
    RRA isn't that bad. I didn't read this whole thread because it was too long and went a little OT but wouldn't RRA be a step or two above Bushmaster?

Not trying to start a flame war . . . it's an honest question. I would buy an RRA over Bushmaster (but I wouldn't buy either because I spent more and went high end anyway).

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    No Busta, it's the same as Bushmaster. There are two tiers. The ones we like and the ones we hate.

Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 917181920 LastLast