Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Springfield Armory XD-S, .45ACP single stack 5+1

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaskapopo View Post
    An XD is not DAO. Secondly 2K is not that many rounds. Come back and talk to us when you have fired more than 10k. That said I agree you should shoot what you feel comfrtable with and what you shoot well.
    Pat
    Never said the xd was dao I know it's a striker fired weapon, the older non polymer handguns have to be dao. Seeing we just added striker fired weapons to our list within the past 2 years, and we aren't handed ammo like candy, I will eventually get to 10k. We also don't get issued anything like weapons, duty gear, or uniforms. We buy it all. The only thing we are given are 50 rounds a year to qualify with our primary weapon, 30 rounds for our AR's, if we're lucky maybe a class in which they'll give us 200 rounds they toss our way every 2 years. I could also probably get to 10k rounds rather quickly if I wasn't in court pretty much Monday through Friday, after working my midnight shift. I simply made a statement about not having problems with my xd, now my Glock has had problems, that has less rounds through it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shoup View Post
    No they haven't but I don't like my Glock, my XD has well over 2k rounds through it and the only thing I replaced was my recoil spring. Also I work for a department that has a list of weapons we can and can't use. XD, Glock, M&P, older Smith, Ruger, Sigs, and Berretta automatics, all in DAO. So I will stick with what I feel comfortable with.

You replaced your recoil spring after only 2k rounds? May I ask why?

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Never said the xd was dao I know it's a striker fired weapon, the older non polymer handguns have to be dao. Seeing we just added striker fired weapons to our list within the past 2 years, and we aren't handed ammo like candy, I will eventually get to 10k. We also don't get issued anything like weapons, duty gear, or uniforms. We buy it all. The only thing we are given are 50 rounds a year to qualify with our primary weapon, 30 rounds for our AR's, if we're lucky maybe a class in which they'll give us 200 rounds they toss our way every 2 years. I could also probably get to 10k rounds rather quickly if I wasn't in court pretty much Monday through Friday, after working my midnight shift. I simply made a statement about not having problems with my xd, now my Glock has had problems, that has less rounds through it.

I am not handed ammo like candy either in fact I am in charge of handing it out and I only give myself about 200 rounds a year for qualifications. I shoot the other 10000 rounds or so a year out of my own pocket because I care about my own training.
    Pat
    Serving as a LEO since 1999.
    USPSA# A56876 A Class
    Firearms Instructor
    Armorer for AR15, 1911, Glocks and Remington 870 shotguns.

Feedback Score
    I am not handed ammo like candy either in fact I am in charge of handing it out and I only give myself about 200 rounds a year for qualifications. I shoot the other 10000 rounds or so a year out of my own pocket because I care about my own training.
    Pat
    That's become more the norm these days. When I was a young cop, they'd give me all the practice ammo I could shoot. Granted, it was reloads, but I took full advantage, and honed my skills enough to not only survive gunfights, but competed and won a bunch of matches as well.

Now it's 50 rounds a month for the guys, unless they're out, which they often are. The guys that are serious about training, buy their own ammo by the case, while others just laugh and say they "ain't shooting unless the department buys it".

Feedback Score
    Pat
    I care about my training as well, but I don't have open space to shoot, and very few ranges to choose from. So it gets quite expensive, and seeing I have 2 kids, a house, tuition, and a wife that works, I can't get to the range that often. Plus between court almost everyday, kids, coaching, and a second job I don't have time to reload. I care about my training as well, and jump on any chance our city gives it, I care about my the time with my family a little more I guess. As far as why I changed my recoil spring, we had a firearm safety day and the Springfield rep said I should so he gave me a new spring, then he swapped out all my mags because he said the older ones without the armory mark stamped on them had a problem. I buy my own ammo as well, most people on this department only shoot their 50 a year.

Last edited by Shoup; 01-24-12 at 17:37.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I care about my training as well, but I don't have open space to shoot, and very few ranges to choose from. So it gets quite expensive, and seeing I have 2 kids, a house, tuition, and a wife that works, I can't get to the range that often. Plus between court almost everyday, kids, coaching, and a second job I don't have time to reload. I care about my training as well, and jump on any chance our city gives it, I care about my the time with my family a little more I guess. As far as why I changed my recoil spring, we had a firearm safety day and the Springfield rep said I should so he gave me a new spring, then he swapped out all my mags because he said the older ones without the armory mark stamped on them had a problem. I buy my own ammo as well, most people on this department only shoot their 50 a year.

Not judging and I am lucky in that I don't have kids and I have access to a range to use when I want and I usually don't have to share. All I was saying is 2000 rounds is not that much. I have fired over 2000 rounds preparing for some matches.
    Pat
    Serving as a LEO since 1999.
    USPSA# A56876 A Class
    Firearms Instructor
    Armorer for AR15, 1911, Glocks and Remington 870 shotguns.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jake'sDad View Post
    Apparently we should also take what the vast majority of LE agencies have been choosing with "a grain o' salt" as well.

Since you don't think the opinions of the professionals on M4C are valid, why did you bother to sign up?
    Please do not take offense to this but there are many LE agencies and officers choosing DPMS and Bushmaster patrol rifles. Are they experts when it comes to side arms but ignorant with regards to patrol rifles? A quick search on any brand will show they have all had problems.

I have a SA 1911 Loaded, SA 1911 Range Officer, XD .40, XDm 9, and an XDm .40 with thousands of rounds through each. The Loaded has been problematic but the others have never failed. I had an M&P 9 the was also an amazing pistol, never should have sold it.

The worst pistol I've ever owned, due to malfunctions, was a 92FS. I traded it for a Baby Eagle and its far superior the 92 I had. It seems like the Berettas are popular in some government sectors.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kickin-Ewoks View Post
    Please do not take offense to this but there are many LE agencies and officers choosing DPMS and Bushmaster patrol rifles. Are they experts when it comes to side arms but ignorant with regards to patrol rifles? A quick search on any brand will show they have all had problems.
    Buying they cheapest bid or from the best salesman doesn't mean it is a quality rifle.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

XDS....

XDs...Sounds like it's stirring up a huge debate...spent the last 45 mins reading...Blah....Blah...Blah...Ford/Chevy....Colt/Smith...You buy what you want. You shoot what you want. It's your money, enjoy it any way you choose. Who am I or anyone else to tell you differently?

Agree/Disagree...Who cares. If my gun fires when I pull the trigger and it hits the paper AMEN! Its a good day.

Grown Men throwing stones...Makes me laugh

45 mins...I will never get back.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jake'sDad View Post
    Doesn't seem to make much sense, perhaps it is a misprint.

Regardless, even if the weight is more in line with other sub's, they don't seem to have achieved anything earth shattering.
    Weight on Springfield's site says 21.5oz.

http://www.xdspistol.com/specs.php
    Colt SP6920, LE6920, 6720
    BCM Lower/ARP 6.8SPC upper for hog hunting
    DD M4V5 clone, Troy 5.56 Carbine, S&W M&P10
    PSA Lower/BCM LW 16" middie CHF upper
    PSA Lower/BCM LW 14.5" middie upper
    2 PSA 18"6.8 rifles, PSA 20" M16A4 clone
    Remington 870, Remington 700VTR
    SA XDm9, XDm9C, , XD9SC S&W 1911
    Ruger GP100, Hawkeye77 Compact 6.8SPC
    Kel-Tec KSG, Marlin 336 30-30, HK 45C, VP9
    Sig 1911 Tacops, Scorpion 1911, M11A1, P226 Mk25