Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Skunkwerks "13" KOP, how it works

Feedback Score

Skunkwerks "13" KOP, how it works

Well guys, decided to start a new thread on this. I've gotten some more photography done in the last couple of days. And we just sent a PO off to our Defense contractor for production parts. We've made great strides on our website, so that should be ready soon. Our system is known as "KOP", for Kalashnikov Optics Platform. As always, feel free to e:mail me at skunkwerks13@mwt.net with any questions you might have. Should be about 5 weeks till we get our first run parts. A pic or a few is worth a thousand words, so here it goes.

Please remember this is our first test mule with prototype base, it's been tweeked as we made revisions. Inserts are near production items though.

Last edited by Falboy; 10-31-12 at 18:19.

Feedback Score
    That is slicker than snot on a doorknob. Tagged for future interest.
    Cyril: Oh now that's a breach of trust!

Lana: Do you really want to open this can of trust-breachy worms after I just found you and my ex-boyfriend with a dead hooker in the trunk?

Cyril: ...I do not.

A Dream of the Dark Continent

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    That looks very sharp. I love seeing new ideas outside the box.

Feedback Score
    You might want to link this down in the optics & mounts subforum as well.
    Cyril: Oh now that's a breach of trust!

Lana: Do you really want to open this can of trust-breachy worms after I just found you and my ex-boyfriend with a dead hooker in the trunk?

Cyril: ...I do not.

A Dream of the Dark Continent

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Tag. Very interested in this.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    looks awesome!! will the gas tube require the spring on it now to keep it snug?
    Last edited by MattNificent; 11-05-12 at 11:52.

Feedback Score
    Looks like great work. I still prefer not to lose my irons so I would tend to use the MI/us palm rail set up for a micro. Keep us updated and maybe a video with some shooting to show how stable it is under recoil. Over all great job!

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    This certainly has my interest as well, most of my AK's have an Ultimak and a T-1/H-1; but pushing the optic back just a bit might prove to be pretty benefitial.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Very nice... Looking forward to seeing how it pans out.

Feedback Score
    No, spring is just standard on that Bulgie gas tube. We actually oversized the retension pin so any wobble could be easily removed. Usually takes just a couple strokes of the file.

RMR and T1 inserts have improved back up iron sights. If you look in the other thread you will see the cowitness of both those optics.

This set up has proven very stable under rapid fire, no problem dumping a whole mag into an 8" plate.

I do find this optic location very beneficial for speed and situational awareness. Plus it's at the balance point of the rifle, so target transitions are just incredibly smooth.

Keep the coments/questions coming guys. I aim to please!

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast