Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Savage/Stevens 350 Security 12ga Pump

Feedback Score
    Another owner of the ghost-ring model here--but apparently it's the older version, with 4+1 capacity.

First saw these at the 2010 SHOT show and was vaguely impressed that a company was producing a 4-5+1 12ga with ghost-ring sights, an 18" barrel, synthetic furniture, and apparently reasonable quality for about $250 MSRP.

Got one for ~$200 early 2011, but I haven't exactly run it hard, to my chagrin. Initial impressions have been pretty positive, to the point that I put a 6rd elastic buttstock shell carrier on it (I forget the brand now; one with a strap around the butt pad to keep the sleeve from sliding up the stock) and filled both the carrier and the tube with Win 00 Buck. It's doing reserve HD duty at the moment.

I really should take it out to a decent range sometime very soon and run a couple hundred shells of various types through it, including zeroing the sights for slugs. Hopefully I can check patterning with various buckshot loads then, too--just have to get my hands on about 25 rounds of each type I want to check (have to be vaguely thorough, after all)

Perhaps I'll have a better idea of its capability then. I'm kind of embarrassed that I haven't tested it more thoroughly up to this point, too.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I know this thread is about 6 months old but I wanted to see if anyone else had experiences with these. I am seeing them at a LGS cheap. I was thinking about buying 2-3 of them for my nephews for Christmas as a starter shotgun. I would love to buy them a 870 but funds just don;t permit at this time. FWIW the LGS said that is I buy 3 or more I could get them for $165 out the door tax and all fees included. They are the ones with the ghost ting site and extended mag tube. I think they are either 5+1 or 6+1. I handled the display model and really liked the fit and finish and action was pretty good for a new pump. Anyone with experience with these please chime in. Thanks
    OIF 2003-2004
    Deputy Sheriff/Private Investigator

Feedback Score
    I bought one off of a friend about a month ago. I have shot it a few times, shoots nice, I like the ghost ring sights, and bottom ejection. I don't have a lot of experience with it though. But feel, action, fit and finish seems good.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    The Savage now has over 850rds fired without a single issue, mix of buckshot, slug and bird shot and everything cycles perfectly. The gun patterns very nicely with Federal flight control buckshot of any favor and also really likes Federal Tru-Ball 1oz slugs.

I'M going to pick up two more this black Friday if the shop I'M watching puts them on sale for $149.99 which I was told they were going to do.

I give the Savage 350 12ga pump a Five Star Rating!
    We are all inclined to judge ourselves by our ideals; others, by their acts.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Phila PD View Post
    The Savage now has over 850rds fired without a single issue, mix of buckshot, slug and bird shot and everything cycles perfectly. The gun patterns very nicely with Federal flight control buckshot of any favor and also really likes Federal Tru-Ball 1oz slugs.

I'M going to pick up two more this black Friday if the shop I'M watching puts them on sale for $149.99 which I was told they were going to do.

I give the Savage 350 12ga pump a Five Star Rating!
    Can you post a description or video of an ammo changeover on this (ithica?) style gun?
    Last edited by Noodles; 11-20-12 at 16:03.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12