Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tips for weigh in tomorrow?

Feedback Score

Tips for weigh in tomorrow?

Tomorrow I have a weigh in for a "biggest loser" contest. I've been working pretty hard and think I stand a chance. Any last minute tips? The pot is pretty big and I'll go the extra mile aside from cutting off body parts.
    Every citizen should be a soldier. This was the case with the Greeks and Romans and must be that of every free state. - T. Jefferson

EVERYCITIZENASOLDIER.org

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I had friends who used to wrestle in high school who would do all sorts of things to make weight the day of a match i.e. spitting into a cup all day, maybe check into some of those tricks if google is any help there
    Last edited by Fairweather8588; 12-08-12 at 21:18.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    I wrestled in high school and we used to do all sorts of dumb shit to make weight. Basically it all involved starving ourselves and dehydration. Don't drink anything, at all and no food. A powerbar at the most just to keep going.

We used to spin for 30 minutes in a hot room with sweats on and afterwards I felt like I was dying, which is possible if you go to far.

I wouldn't do any of that stuff today because its really bad for you to get that dehydrated, but you can shave off a few pounds in water easily. Go at your own risk.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Is this the pre-contest weigh, or the post contest weigh?

Suck on starburst candies, but do not swallow anything, spit all the juice. Jump rope in the gym shower with all the showers on full hot, and in a polysuit.
    "I'm not saying I invented the turtleneck. But I was the first person to realize its potential as a tactical garment. The tactical turtleneck! The... tactleneck! - Sterling Archer"
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important
    than one's fear. The timid presume it is lack of fear that allows the brave to act when the timid do not."

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    As a former wrestler, the only way to drop weight quickly is water weight.

Water weighs quite a bit. One Liter weighs 2.2 lbs. Kind of cheating, especially considering you are trying to lose fat weight, but oh well. . ... . Get a good sweat going, take a hot shower (your'll sweat more in the shower). Then get DRY. Really, really dry.
    Last edited by Texas42; 12-06-12 at 14:00.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Spitting always worked great for me. If you jump rope in the shower (not recommended), WATCH YOUR FOOTING. Like I always say, don't take everything you read on the 'net as gospel. Consult your family doctor.
    Quote Originally Posted by SHIVAN View Post
    Is this the pre-contest weigh, or the post contest weigh?

Suck on starburst candies, but do not swallow anything, spit all the juice. Jump rope in the gym shower with all the showers on full hot, and in a polysuit.
    Acta Non Verba

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Yeah, ours had a "walkway" running down the middle that was bare concrete/high traction. Obviously if you jump/run on tile, or another slippery surface, you're a 'tard.
    "I'm not saying I invented the turtleneck. But I was the first person to realize its potential as a tactical garment. The tactical turtleneck! The... tactleneck! - Sterling Archer"
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important
    than one's fear. The timid presume it is lack of fear that allows the brave to act when the timid do not."

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Relieve yourself of "excess intestinal bulk" before stepping on the scale.
    Former LEO (12 years)
    Paramedic
    B-TOMS
    TCCC
    TECC

Feedback Score
    Had a salad for lunch, ran, had a bowl of whole wheat cherios with skim milk for dinner (some carrots later) and I'm gonna get up and run in the morning and try and lose a little water weight. I dip, so the spitting isn't an issue LOL
    Every citizen should be a soldier. This was the case with the Greeks and Romans and must be that of every free state. - T. Jefferson

EVERYCITIZENASOLDIER.org

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    At my gym everyone uses 1. sweet sweat. 2. garbadge bags or those sweat clothes made for cutting weight. 3. sweat shirts and sweat pants.

Combine that with not eating and drinking and you will drop weight fast.

I lost 4 pounds with no water or food with a mild workout. I ended up underweight, I did not know cause we were at Mandalay Bay in Vegas and did not know there was a scale in their weight room. No professional fight, just Grapplers Quest at the Fan Expo.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast