Page 36 of 182 FirstFirst ... 2634353637384686136 ... LastLast

Thread: SHOT Show 2015 Pictures (From SMGLee)

Feedback Score
    Anyone interested in the SMR MK1 10" in Sand - it is now in stock on Geissele's website (http://geissele.com/10supermodularrailmkisand.aspx).

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TRIDENT82 View Post
    I like this a lot!

Feedback Score

Geissele Rail Anyone else find this interesting?

Quote Originally Posted by JChops View Post
    Trident just confirmed that the nuts are compatible in his last post. You can interchange any length MKI, MKII or MKIV rail on either the old steel nut or the new aluminum nut if I'm reading him right.

My point is I don't see any reason to buy one with the steel nut moving forward if the aluminum one does everything the same yet shaves two ounces off. I'm not saying to trash all your steel nuts but if the aluminum ones are available separately from Geissele (and reasonably priced) then why not swap them out?

It's a smart move by the company. He's really keeping the "modular" in SMR. Thumbs up.
    This is awesome. If I'm able to score a BCM Jack Carbine, I can easily swap to a MK4 rail. I just have to pick up two when they come out and one send one to Joint Force Enterprises to have it painted.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JChops View Post
    Trident just confirmed that the nuts are compatible in his last post. You can interchange any length MKI, MKII or MKIV rail on either the old steel nut or the new aluminum nut if I'm reading him right.

My point is I don't see any reason to buy one with the steel nut moving forward if the aluminum one does everything the same yet shaves two ounces off. I'm not saying to trash all your steel nuts but if the aluminum ones are available separately from Geissele (and reasonably priced) then why not swap them out?

It's a smart move by the company. He's really keeping the "modular" in SMR. Thumbs up.
    I'm just curious if moving forward once the current supply of steel nuts is exhausted, will they start shipping with aluminum, or will it be MK4 only with the ability to purchase separately for others. I don't see the point in having both, if the aluminum does all the steel does at 2oz less.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Trident,

You could throw a nice chart together showing weights of the various rails. Weight doesn't bother me with mine. However, I am curious.

I remain impressed. I just need a 13.5 FSB now for my basic 6920.
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    I just need a 13.5 FSB now for my basic 6920.
    Yeah... Pappabear has had to DO WITHOUT for far too long.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I dig those new DIY gas blocks. Any idea on the release of those?
    Praise be to the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle. Psalm 144:1

Owner of MI-TAC, LLC .

@MichiganTactical

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I've had several good pals of mine now run one or more of these rails in a build, and all of them have turned out really awesome to include the most recent one from Buddyhoohaw, or some call him the FDE Whore

Such a cool combo having that Colt factory FDE rifle w/ the MK2 Sand rail!

Pappa...excellent idea, and i'll try to make it happen if I have the opportunity to do so.

Dave...SGBs shouldn't be too far out I'd imagine, but personally haven't heard any dates yet.
    Last edited by ALCOAR; 02-13-13 at 18:44.

Feedback Score
    Just finished up some photos of the MK4. Bill likes feedback so if you like this version over a keymod version, let him know.

Last edited by RXM; 01-26-13 at 16:45.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RXM View Post
    Just finished up some photos of the MK4. Bill likes feedback so if you like this version over a keymod version, let him know.

I mentioned it earlier, but I still think that would be sick in keymod but without the fixed rails at the end.

Page 36 of 182 FirstFirst ... 2634353637384686136 ... LastLast